Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters

Own thread boss ?

Usually the kiss of death.

We should expect owners who see us as their only consideration and who have the necessary finances to take over the club to back any manager of this football club.

Here's what I'm hearing so far:

- Roma the flagship
- Us to become part of a stable of clubs
- Moneyball

Still, the 'experts' tell us that "these guys are serious business people and we'll be better off in their hands" - and they base that on their 3.5 years of ownership of a soccerball team in Serie A.

WTF has happened to Evertonians that they'll hand a free pass to people proposing that future for us when they've just been through the hell of the Moshiri years?

It seems to me like it's a case of "don't look too close, we might scare them off".

It's madness to me.

I dont trust this lot one bit. They see us in a vulnerable position and they'll take full advantage of us.

Attachments

• IMG_1579.webp
    IMG_1579.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 10
Yes im sure it would be more, like you say. Prize money etc.

Lots more to it too, Roma's world-wide reach is massive, lots of Italians in America.

You can see why they want us & Roma, both potentially a big reach - for different reasons.

I would say Romas reach and potential is more like a Spurs/Arsenal than us, with us bieng in the capital city etc.
But their crest is 2 babies sucking on a wolf's tits... we win, unless they change our crest to Duncan Ferguson and Wayne Rooney sucking gravy from Sam Allardyce's tits then Roma win.

…..no idea how the multi club model will work but with two clubs in Europe’s top leagues, I doubt that one will take priority over the other.

I imaging there’ll be a ‘corporate’ scouting approach taking in the needs of both clubs rather than them being run separately. A single DoF or 2 junior DoFs working to somebody looking at the overall picture. Of course, if one team can be strengthened from within without weakening the other then that would happen.

…..no idea how the multi club model will work but with two clubs in Europe’s top leagues, I doubt that one will take priority over the other.

I imaging there’ll be a ‘corporate’ scouting approach taking in the needs of both clubs rather than them being run separately. A single DoF or 2 junior DoFs working to somebody looking at the overall picture. Of course, if one team can be strengthened from within without weakening the other then that would happen.
I think the only issue is if both qualify for the same euro competition. Then the owner will have to choose 1 to play in it.

Yeah, I agree there’s more chance of Roma having ‘permanent’ worldwide fans than Everton due the Italian dispora, but a bit of success in the prem is more likely to generate short term transient fans (glory hunters) globally then the Italian league simply due to greater coverage.
Whether any of them become permanent fans is debatable.

I think their are more Italian football fans aorund the world than you think, they have 4/5 huge names in world football, maybe as much to do with Italian culture mass spread around the globe & Serie A is a big name, maybe not as much as the Prem now, buts its still an elite league, and has been for decades.

But, any club can become huge with all the correct success on the pitch, and right marketing & structure off it.

...go on...

You want me to list every loanee/transfer between the City groups?
List every loanee between Brighton and RUSG?
List every loanee/transfer between RB Salzburg, FC Leifering & RB Leipzig?
List every transfer Chelsea are diverting through BlueCo to use at Strasbourg?

Don't be such a pain in the arse when you already know that's what these teams do.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back