What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
Take Dave with a pinch of salt, he’s an incredibly interesting and knowledgable man.
@davek is unique.

You learn to figure out who he is. He loves Everton.

Dave's a really clever head, who isn't afraid to yell out his slightest thought. It's up to you to sort out what he says. :Blink:
Is he truly the idiot when he has the whole village dancing on his strings?
Don't question @davek

When everyone was else was getting excited about BMD, he was the only one who was brave enough to state that it would be called in, held back by red tape for years and we would never even break ground on that site. He's a real prophet of our times.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day

Multi-club models are useful. They provide a decent place to loan out your youngsters for guaranteed game time since U21 football is gash.
Does this not depend an awful lot on the club though and how well ran they are? We aren't loaning anyone to Roma for gametime that wouldn't also get game time here.

Strasbourg was a terrible location for Chelsea loanees last season whilst Vitesse who wasn't a part of multi club was very good for them historically

A lot of the benefits of multiclub ownership can just be worked around with another similar type deal. Brighton seem to be the only normal owners with a decent multi club operation on the go

Because that other club from another UEFA country may well qualify for that tournament and two into one doesn't go under ownership rules as far as I know. Not sure how the RB teams work around it but there must, at the very least, be a pecking order there somewhere.
Apparently Roma fans are saying the same thing.. That the PL is a far bigger money spinner than the Italian league and that the group will send their bigger money earner into Europe ahead of them, Everton are a historically more important football team than Roma our potential for making money is higher with the new stadium near completion. Not something that we need to worry about in the near future.

Apparently Roma fans are saying the same thing.. That the PL is a far bigger money spinner than the Italian league and that the group will send their bigger money earner into Europe ahead of them, Everton are a historically more important football team than Roma our potential for making money is higher with the new stadium near completion. Not something that we need to worry about in the near future.

Thats only from our, Evertonian opinion. Im sure the name Roma is more known around the world than Everton.

We still have people in England that dont know where 'Everton' is.

Yes we are a large historic domestic club, and happen to play in the current money league.

They will have taken over Roma with the same/similar reasons as they are with us, potential to be massive.

Pointing out we stand to be enveloped by an organisation that will retain us as one of a number of football clubs is no big deal then?

That's quite besides whatever financial model we have imposed on us...and the impact it has on team building: "Hey you guys, we'll buy young and we'll buy cheap. It'll be swell".

But you have no qualms about it all.
Dave.
I think this seems to be the trend now... multi club ownership.
I don't agree with it but there seems to be no appetite at present for preventing it.

Thats only from our, Evertonian opinion. Im sure the name Roma is more known around the world than Everton.

Yes we are a large historic domestic club, and happen to play in the current money league.

They will have taken over Roma with the same/similar reasons as they are with us, potential to be massive.

If and when a Superleague happens Roma would be about 50 places higher in the queue than Everton put it that way.

Thats just speculation, and also is down to the draw and money of the Prem.

If and when a Superleague happens Roma would be about 50 places higher in the queue than Everton put it that way.

Agreed, Roma are massively supported too round the world, that City alone has over 2.5 Million people, wider Lazio region is almost 6 million.

Thats just speculation, and also is down to the draw and money of the Prem.
Exactly, it's also just speculation what's being said on here about who'll be their center piece club. I'm just making the point that while we are speculating the Roma fans are too.

All sounds good to me, someone to get us running properly, real sustainability, sensible transfers in/out.

Lets worry down the road about the questions regarding which club they would priorities....im not sure it works like that exactly.
I'd be very surprised if the PL side is not the main priority given the cash flying around the PL compared to other leagues

Exactly, it's also just speculation what's being said on here about who'll be their center piece club. I'm just making the point that while we are speculating the Roma fans are too.

I don't think any club with be a centre piece as such, certainly not for now.

We have more important issues right now really, and its in the interets of Friedkin Group to sort the all out, asap.

Roma want a new ground too....so they have that hurdle.

It’s not even 10am and he’s still prattling on about it negativity

Just another day in the office for the Angry Orange.

IMG_4443.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back