What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 699 70.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 261 26.2%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.8%

• Total voters
They don’t play in a league nobody watches don’t be silly .
And they are still a team from Rome , the capital city of Italy . Already competing regularly in European competition.
I’m sorry , but if anyone thinks we will be first to the trough over Roma they are being incredibly naive.
They didn’t even think we were worth buying when they had the chance.
Nah not for me, ta .
( not that any sale will take place anyway 😉)
Dont think it makes a difference the talk of who is the favourite team between us both, is plenty of good people for the buisness side ect to share between the clubs, managers/players/scouting ect. Even player trading between both teams likes of bove maybe even beto as an option for them as a backup cf becuase of his past in that league. Also the styles of the league would determine the types of players we both go after. I honestly dont think he will have a favourite he will just want to get results at both clubs

They didnt see the need in paying £200m if they didn't have too. Not that we werent worth buying.

Rome being a capital city means nothing, its not like over here with London.

Roma arent some European super power. They arent ac Milan, inter or juve. Theyve won 3 league titles their whole existence. Their a avarage European side that occasionally gets CL football but are just as likely to not qualify for Europe at all.

If you dont think buying a premier league team doesnt make you top dog then i dont know what to tell you. We have more income finishing 17th then roma will finishing 6th.

Comparatively with the PL to serie A no one watches serie A. Its not A draw thats why theres no fight over tv rights for there matches. That means the advertising and sponsorship deals are bigger for PL teams because of exposure.

Lyon are a bigger club then roma. If textor buys us do you think we'll be second fiddle to lyon?
Yes.

STANDARDS!

Something we desperately need back at this football club. We’re a laughing stock.
Yup, our fans just brush off another pathetic humiliation at home to Southampton Seconds with stoic indifference, determined not to be "bed wetters". Meanwhile, our neighbours are cavorting in Milan. Such Kopite behaviour, winning.

The standards are set at the top - and we don't even have a "top" right now. Dyche's position is untenable - but at least he assumes a position. Moshiri has disappeared into thin air running from Usmanov's goons. The clubs is sinking fast. I'm not putting another penny into it until we have real change.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back