Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Friedkin Group reaches agreement to buy Everton

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 766 71.7%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 263 24.6%
  • 👎

Votes: 39 3.7%

• Total voters
Not that I think Moshiri cant be trusted(just kidding), but I would suggest a one-off comment is not much compared to official statements and records. The article says in response to that:

"Club sources claim that the figure Moshiri quoted is inclusive of every facet of the stadium, from design and planning to construction and even including the potential for further ancillary developments related to the stadium...Club sources also state the the cost of construction has not changed and that the contract signed last year with construction firm Laing O'Rourke, who have been tasked with the build, has not altered and the cost certainty over the project remains as it did."

That seems to clearly say the LOR cost stayed at 505m. The meeting minutes says "Colin confirmed that the funding is there to complete the ground and that there was less than £100m left to fund". He's just saying what portion of the contract is left to fund. We certainly didnt pay them 505m when we signed the contract.

Colin Chong and the club have persistently misled people.

The cost is as I've stated. It's well over £800 million and it'll be over £900 million by the time it's fully kitted

They misled people all the way along. From the Denise Barrett-Baxendale "fixed cost" nonsense to now. I'm not sure why people aren't understanding this or keep disputing it

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back