Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Friedkin Group reaches agreement to buy Everton

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 776 71.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 264 24.5%
  • 👎

Votes: 39 3.6%

• Total voters
If they are sensible I forsee a couple of modest purchases in January .

Right back looks the most pressing need to me but the question is would Dyche select anyone ahead of Young?

A right sided Ndayie would be nice too .

That would allow for the major rebuild in the summer.

I presume Branthwaite will be sold and DCL will be off so a huge amount to do.
Not sure why people keep saying rb is the most pressing position, agree that it needs to be looked at but not in jan we have 5 players who can play rb. Coleman young patterson dixon and garner, when we have two at lb and the first choice lb keeps getting injuries.

Not sure why people keep saying rb is the most pressing position, agree that it needs to be looked at but not in jan we have 5 players who can play rb. Coleman young patterson dixon and garner, when we have two at lb and the first choice lb keeps getting injuries.
Possibly because not one of them is even remotely good enough for the position at this level, also Garner is never in a million years a RB and I feel for him being shoehorned into the position.

Possibly because not one of them is even remotely good enough for the position at this level, also Garner is never in a million years a RB and I feel for him being shoehorned into the position.
I agree with you 100% if a rb comes in then atleast one has to go, just cant see it imo unless somebody like young who could cover both sides. Just dont think we will see alot from them this jan window 1/3 players depending on if one of the strikers leaves aswell

I agree. I think there are more important positions to look at in January

I'd rather wait until the summer to get a RB when we likely have a new manager also. LB, RW and ST I would say are the priority areas to strengthen, although I think ST will wait until the summer also.

I'd rather wait until the summer to get a RB when we likely have a new manager also. LB, RW and ST I would say are the priority areas to strengthen, although I think ST will wait until the summer also.
I think we should sell Beto and bring in a replacement. There's no guarantee that Dom will sign a new contract also he isn't exactly banging them in. We need goals and a decent winger

I think we should sell Beto and bring in a replacement. There's no guarantee that Dom will sign a new contract also he isn't exactly banging them in. We need goals and a decent winger
Yeah is a strange position because if dcl still not signing a new contract by the time the takeover is done beofre jan do we sell him. Beto will go imo as not even getting any minutes now, but is if he club see broja and chermiiti as the backups when fit

5 that can play there and for whatever reason 5 that aren't good enough ( although personally I'd be playing Patterson or Dixon)

Yeah is a strange position because if dcl still not signing a new contract by the time the takeover is done beofre jan do we sell him. Beto will go imo as not even getting any minutes now, but is if he club see broja and chermiiti as the backups when fit
Yeh, I know. Though, isn't his main job to score? Which he isn't. Can we rely on Broja with his injury record? I'd defo be looking at bringing in a striker so they can have the rest of the season to bed in and then ready for next year.

5 that can play there and for whatever reason 5 that aren't good enough ( although personally I'd be playing Patterson or Dixon)
I agree but if money is still tight unless we sell rb should not be first on the list of bringing players in as 5 can play in that position. I get to bring in a fb who can cover both rb/lb but with myko injuries this season already we have no backup lb apart from young. 100% would be a postion i want us to improve

There seems to have been a fixation on RB since the summer - I guess because we don't have a clear first choice ? 4 players can play there.

LB we are always one Myko injury away from Young or...McNeil.

Yeh, I know. Though, isn't his main job to score? Which he isn't. Can we rely on Broja with his injury record? I'd defo be looking at bringing in a striker so they can have the rest of the season to bed in and then ready for next year.
Tough one as dyche thelwell looks like be big fans of broja, so would not surprise me if we didnt bring in another cf. would be a risk with dcl and broja injury records, is a position we need to make a decision on is just can you get a striker we want in jan without paying high

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back