What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 698 69.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 262 26.3%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.8%

• Total voters
In the main I am more positive than negative about this.

Wiping out the worst parts of the debt is absolutely what the club needs but it has to be accompanied by continuing the same restraint we have shown over the past few years in terms of buying players. What Thelwell (and Dyche, to be fair to him) have done is nearly complete the job of purging the squad and reducing the wage bill to an acceptable level. This has to continue and we cannot go back to the times of paying vast sums for crap, which is in essence what doomed the Moshiri regime and will doom this one.

Get us in to the new ground, have a proper control over finances and an eye on developing cheap talent (youth and lower league players) and they will do better than alright. If they try to make an impact it will probably go wrong again.
Totally agree mate , we have waited for today for a long time,sure we don't really know what the new owners will be like but one thing is for sure nobody will be employed at the club purely because they were ex players or part of the Kenwright click.
People thinking that these new owners are just going to be throwing money at the Club ie 50m players are mistaken it hopefully will be a strategy of building the club up again from the roots and getting us back in contention to win things.
Today has been a good day and though as am nearly 70 now I doubt I will see the good times but I would like to think see all our young supporters have a future where Everton can be great again god knows they deserve it.
Anyway I will be in the main stand on Saturday feeling alot more positive about the future.
COYB

The final stages will be a big cash drain as you are paying for a practically complete stadium, being heated, lit and secured whilst it generates ZERO pounds. Will soon be paying legions of employees whilst they are trained up too.

This isn’t the bit to penny pinch on after sinking hundred of millions on a unique and ambitious design and location. Scope to spoil it, but more opportunity to make it truly outstanding. With PROPER funding for these final stages, it should delivery everything we hoped.🤞

haven’t a clue what it all means except
the everything we hope part! 💙🙏

Does anyone know how much the Rights and Media loan being repaid by Friedkin will save us?

I haven't seen it mentioned tonight.
He was once described to me as "the arch manipulator", Bill Kenwright

When you look at all the things that went on over 20 years. That is more than a true description for him

The damage that has been caused. If Friedkin are paying off these third party loans that immediately knocks about £30 MILLION A YEAR in interest costs off for Everton

That have been hugely damaging to Everton Football Club

Regardless of what people like Colin Chong or those like him claim

It's the first thing I would do if I were Friedkins coming in with capital.

It means our club gets £30 million+ a year in interest costs that we are having to find - each year - back in our pockets and it's no longer dead money

That's all on Bill Kenwright (and Moshiri, but mainly Kenwright)

£30 million a year + in interest costs. Makes me weep 😥

For what exactly? So they could sign useless players like MAUPAY etc

All their vanity.

Wouldn't know how to run a business if it slapped them in the face :rant:

What's your take on Friedkin Group immediately repaying the Rights and Media Funding loan we are paying £30 million a year interest on? @davek

Go to the vaults. I know what's in them.

Isn't a "force multiplier" someone who will repay these ludicrous debts to someone like Rights and Media Funding with massive interest costs?

It's going to allow us to save £30 million a year + going out of the door for no return. Immediately @davek

So how can a party repaying a £200 million loan costing us £30 million a year in interest costs be a "carpet bagger" @davek?

I'm just not seeing how the two things relate

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back