What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 698 69.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 262 26.3%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.8%

• Total voters
Knowing our luck, Trump will get elected, invade Mexico so he can build his wall then all of Europe will sanction American owners and freeze their assets leaving us potless yet again lol
The good news is we will be on the same side of the fence as the Big Red clubs, so we're fine. :)

Look at what Friedkin inherited when his father stepped down, looks at what it's become now.

He's proven to be a brilliant entrepreneur in his own right.

He also is hugely into conservation both in the USA and Tanzania.

But, yeah continue being weirdly negative on him
More concerned with their unimpressive performance at Roma , than their conservationist abilities.
People are too in awe of their wealth and perceived glamour to examine their lacklustre performance at Roma ( after a promising beginning) .
Roma fans are not particularly happy with them at the moment .
They are distant and uncommunicative.
Appoint the wrong people for the wrong reasons.
Seem to confuse football with show business .
Do not display a deep understanding of football and how to run a club.
But they are solid on the financial side.
People have to earn my respect , just because a wealthy person made a one good investment isn’t enough.
They are rich kids who dabble in things that interest them movies , car dealerships, conservation , antique killing machines etc etc.
Do you what concerns me , the 777 gangsters had a greater breadth of football knowledge and experience in their organisation than these seem to .
Let’s see how how they perform with us before we decide whether they are good for Everton .
Or have we learned nothing .
The weird thing is the unquestioning adulation of them at moment , acting like lickspittles .
I’ll keep my cynicism for a while.
I’ve learned to trust it over the years.

I think this news might actually help our current form in a weird way. With our next game being home you can tell on here how well this has been received by the fans. I’m going to guess the atmosphere at the Palace game is going to be Goodison at its finest and the fans will drag us through our next game after taking an early lead

If the Friedkins are good on the financial side - and Gabriele Marcotti says they dipped into their own funds to pay for Roma - then that in itself is a massive improvement.

I have no expectation that they will become our knights in shining armour, but I am confident they will improve the club. And there is nothing stopping them selling on to somebody else in the future if they do that.

I'm not bothered by them being distant from the media. We had too much of that nonsense from Moshiri ("Good ebenig, Jim") and Kenwright ("What a manager! Watch this space! 24/7!").

I simply expect them to fund the purchases of quality footballers and management, oversee increased turnover, and move the club back towards its natural position as one of the great clubs of English football.

More concerned with their unimpressive performance at Roma , than their conservationist abilities.
People are too in awe of their wealth and perceived glamour to examine their lacklustre performance at Roma ( after a promising beginning) .
Roma fans are not particularly happy with them at the moment .
They are distant and uncommunicative.
Appoint the wrong people for the wrong reasons.
Seem to confuse football with show business .
Do not display a deep understanding of football and how to run a club.
But they are solid on the financial side.
People have to earn my respect , just because a wealthy person made a one good investment isn’t enough.
They are rich kids who dabble in things that interest them movies , car dealerships, conservation , antique killing machines etc etc.
Do you what concerns me , the 777 gangsters had a greater breadth of football knowledge and experience in their organisation than these seem to .
Let’s see how how they perform with us before we decide whether they are good for Everton .
Or have we learned nothing .
The weird thing is the unquestioning adulation of them at moment , acting like lickspittles .
I’ll keep my cynicism for a while.
I’ve learned to trust it over the years.
Much of what you say is true mate but the reason that they are being welcomed with open arms is that Moshiri has created a huge financial mess that apparently threatened not only the PL status of Everton but their existence as a serious football club.

The antidote to that is, as you have referenced , their financial acumen.

….i’d actually be very surprised if somebody on Friedkin’s team hasn’t been tasked with gauging the views of Everton fans on the range of issues impacting their club.

More specifically, I can see this site being a source of reference for them.
As long as they don't ask you for your views on the manager I have no issue with that eggs 😂

….i’d actually be very surprised if somebody on Friedkin’s team hasn’t been tasked with gauging the views of Everton fans on the range of issues impacting their club.

More specifically, I can see this site being a source of reference for them.

It will be, they aren't stupid people mate and GoT probably has amongst the highest traffic and user involvement of any fan forum out there

Not sure why anyone would want an owner openly communicating with us anyway. That’s the executive’s job e.g. CEO, DoF etc

Owner never shuts up, just run the club, owner doesn't communicate, we need to gear what's happening.

Damned if you do damned if you don't

Basically the people who want a reason to moan will just change their requirements mate to enable them to do so.

Owner never shuts up, just run the club, owner doesn't communicate, we need to gear what's happening.

Damned if you do damned if you don't

Basically the people who want a reason to moan will just change their requirements mate to enable them to do so.
Yep. The reality is that communication should come from the people who run the club at board level as it should be their vision and subsequent strategy that needs to be communicated. The only time I’d ever really expect to hear from the owner is if there is a vacuum at CEO level

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back