What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 724 70.8%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 260 25.4%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.7%

• Total voters
Roma and Everton are different clubs and there is no reason to suggest that Everton will follow down the exact same path under Friekdin.

If anything you would hope that Everton will benefit from any mistakes made at Roma which we hope will have been learned from.

However, the more I read about them I think there may be at least one common thread.... the appointment of a successful high profile manager to get the club onto a higher level quickly.

Jose finally being appointed as Everton manager ?
I hope not.

The improvement has to be balanced against the outlay. I would think Roma would expect to be competing for European honours. The headline for Roma was to make them one of the greatest in world football and that's been backed by good investment.

But their league position hasn't budged and they haven't managed to break into the Champions league (as expected).

They won a newly developed trophy and they lost in the final the next season, but it's not been as rosy since. And they've not got a lot of fan anger surrounding the club (it's Roma so goes with the territory) and feel like they're starting again.

That's a big distraction when buying a club like Everton who will also demand that investment and ambition but who need a complete overhaul.

I watch a good bit of Serie A. Roma's squad in terms of quality hasn't really improved at all in my opinion in recent seasons despite the turnover of players and managers and the outlay. Thats the concern.

And there is a glaring opportunity to get CL football and mount a realistic challenge for the title. inter are the top side no doubt, and Juventus recruited well in the summer but were vulnerable for a couple of seasons previously. Milan are there to be got at as well.

You'd expect to see Roma being able to out-perform Atalanta for example but that would be doing a disservice to Atalanta who seem to be a superbly run club in all respects with an outstanding coach.

I think Roma should be on the fringes of CL qualification but no more than that at present. The squad needs a good deal more. I'd certainly be disappointed with how they've done if I were Friedkin.

I like their choice of new coach though, Ivan Juric. That looks to be the most considered appointment they have made to date rather than the somewhat signposted, fan-pleasing appointments they made in Mourinho and De Rossi. Perhaps they are learning.

I watch a good bit of Serie A. Roma's squad in terms of quality hasn't really improved at all in my opinion in recent seasons despite the turnover of players and managers and the outlay. Thats the concern.

And there is a glaring opportunity to get CL football and mount a realistic challenge for the title. inter are the top side no doubt, and Juventus recruited well in the summer but were vulnerable for a couple of seasons previously. Milan are there to be got at as well.

You'd expect to see Roma being able to out-perform Atalanta for example but that would be doing a disservice to Atalanta who seem to be a superbly run club in all respects with an outstanding coach.

I think Roma should be on the fringes of CL qualification but no more than that at present. The squad needs a good deal more. I'd certainly be disappointed with how they've done if I were Friedkin.

I like their choice of new coach though, Ivan Juric. That looks to be the most considered appointment they have made to date rather than the somewhat signposted, fan-pleasing appointments they made in Mourinho and De Rossi. Perhaps they are learning.
Do you think they will look for a big name here to replace dyche. Like a tuchel ect

Do you think they will look for a big name here to replace dyche. Like a tuchel ect

Who knows really. They do seem to have a desire to please, and I get that, I think its part of the reason if you have enough money to play with, that you buy football club(s). There is that emotional thing to it imo. That seems to contrast with a much greater logic and focus they have for the bottom-line ($$$$).

I think you just go out and get the best available. We are an attractive proposition and circumstances should hopefully be much brighter than when we recruited Dyche. But the DOF is probably an even more important appointment. They have recruited Ghisolfi from Nice for the position at Roma, I know nothing about him but they have not got recruitment right to date.

It's a must for me that they decide on Thelwell first, and if they go for change, whom they replace him with will be critical to our fortunes.

Dyche to scrape us to safety (with a few changes in Jan), see out his contract and be replaced by Tuchel in the early Summer (and then there will be big changes).

I don't think people realise the turnaround there is going to be. I think the club loses circa 80-90m currently.

60-70m of that is debt repayments that is going to be wiped. You are then going to have huge revenue increases with the stadium, of say 40m and sponsorships which could be about 40-50m. And that's before you talk of maybe a big high profile sponsorship that may come from them.

It is going to be quite transformative.
I really hope you are right buddy as I like the picture you are painting.

Bold to get rid of De Rossi, but I thought they only appointed him to soften the blow of Totti bowing out. I may he wide of the mark with that though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back