What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 725 70.8%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 261 25.5%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.7%

• Total voters
Wonder if he’ll build a hotel next to ground in due course…… he’s already got a hotel chain (Auberge Resorts) albeit somewhat ‘upmarket’ including locations in London, Greece and Italy
He's definitely missing a hotel near a sewage treatment works in the run down North Liverpool Docklands from that collection :lol:

Still, in all seriousness, I've no doubt they will be looking at the Liverpool Waters Masterplan as an opportunity off the back of the stadium.

Does she like headlocks?

Shes at finch farm now undergoing an interview, pictures just been leaked.

1727345119934.webp

Yeah for all his short comings, the Stadium will be his Legacy. He gets credit for how he's managed to get it built and just about keeping us afloat.
I'd go with this too.
For all his failings I/we should be thankful to him having the balls to go for that big beautiful shiny new stadium in the location it's in and the difficulties overcome to put it there. For that, and sadly that alone, he deserves credit

I think you're close on the cost to service the debt but I think expecting 40m of revenue from the stadium is beyond optimistic.

The sponsorship amounts could potentially get there in time if the product behind it on the pitch justifies that. Friedkin isn't an Usmanov who's going to just pull out naming rights deals for inflated values.

Clearing that debt is going to be massive on its own though. We were paying 5% over prime on 100s of millions with rights and media funding.
Even if we do see a £40m increase just from stadium revenue, people forget costs. Running, maintaining, staffing, securing, heating, cleaning, insuring, BMD will be astronomically more expensive than Goodison. The amount that will trickle to profit (and ultimately cash) will be small. The wins are the revenues where there is zero incremental cost, being mainly sponsorship.

Be interesting to see when they time the “test events”. In theory, we would have to start depreciating the ground, fixtures and fittings, IT equipment etc from the period it starts to be “in use” and revenue generating. From a P&L point of view (irrelevant for cash) we wouldn’t want to kick that off in January, then have to slap 6 months depreciation in the accounts with bugger all other events/revenue/profit until next August.

Don’t know if the test events can be classed as apart of development and needed for safety certificates etc? So the ground wouldn’t actually be “in use” till the next accounting period.

Bit worrying that the path they are on with Roma is a bit similar to that of Moshiri at Everton. Big ambition, big outlay and big spending without big improvement.

But let's just enjoy the moment for now and hope that it represents a chance to have a big clear out of the dead wood.

They need to quickly decide what they are doing with Dyche and more importantly Thelwell.

My hope is they get a good board who outline a clear direction and employ good people to deliver it. The positives are the stadium on the horizon and we are now relatively debt free.

Good point, but Moshiri didn't have the wrong plan at all. It was 100% the correct one. What happened is that it was executed really badly and awful decisions were made, terrible players were bought for over the odds on inflated wages and he didn't get shut of Kenwrong. Lots of money well spent I like the sound of.

I'd go with this too.
For all his failings I/we should be thankful to him having the balls to go for that big beautiful shiny new stadium in the location it's in and the difficulties overcome to put it there. For that, and sadly that alone, he deserves credit

Balls or unwavering ignorance? Fine line.

Bit worrying that the path they are on with Roma is a bit similar to that of Moshiri at Everton. Big ambition, big outlay and big spending without big improvement.

But let's just enjoy the moment for now and hope that it represents a chance to have a big clear out of the dead wood.

They need to quickly decide what they are doing with Dyche and more importantly Thelwell.

My hope is they get a good board who outline a clear direction and employ good people to deliver it. The positives are the stadium on the horizon and we are now relatively debt free.
Roma and Everton are different clubs and there is no reason to suggest that Everton will follow down the exact same path under Friekdin.

If anything you would hope that Everton will benefit from any mistakes made at Roma which we hope will have been learned from.

However, the more I read about them I think there may be at least one common thread.... the appointment of a successful high profile manager to get the club onto a higher level quickly.

Jose finally being appointed as Everton manager ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back