THE GYM THREAD

Do you work out mate?

• Total voters
And let’s be honest your shaper was ? before you stopped. You’ll come back ever better, can’t wait until you get there man. Soon.
Cheers man. I’ll get there eventually.

One problem I’m having is I can’t seem to physically eat enough food. Still got a crazy fast metabolism, which helps keep me lean-ish, but I’m struggling to gain weight, especially with a manual job.

One problem I’m having is I can’t seem to physically eat enough food. Still got a crazy fast metabolism, which helps keep me lean-ish, but I’m struggling to gain weight, especially with a manual job.
Eat and shake often man. Every three hours someone once told but there’ll be better out there that know. I’m the opposite, I have to diet and fast to stop me turning in Goat and having flab cover my hench.

Eat and shake often man. Every three hours someone once told but there’ll be better out there that know. I’m the opposite, I have to diet and fast to stop me turning in Goat and having flab cover my hench.

Diet is the big one for me, my lad got a ridiculous amount of selection boxes for Christmas, I think someone is trying to give the poor lad diabetes. So easy to tuck into a chocolate bar at night... Carb loading!

Diet is the big one for me, my lad got a ridiculous amount of selection boxes for Christmas, I think someone is trying to give the poor lad diabetes. So easy to tuck into a chocolate bar at night... Carb loading!
Resist the devil! My diet is sound but since I turned 40 there’s a fat man dying to get out of me. Not sure if it’s your thing but I do 16/8 fasting and that really helps with regulating my appetite after a couple of weeks. Wish I’d found it earlier.

Aye, I need to eat more for sure. I just find having to eat such large amounts a chore and unenjoyable. I’d often rather chug a less than ideal tasting shake and get it out the way with as opposed to eating a full meal.

Resist the devil! My diet is sound but since I turned 40 there’s a fat man dying to get out of me. Not sure if it’s your thing but I do 16/8 fasting and that really helps with regulating my appetite after a couple of weeks. Wish I’d found it earlier.

I tried the fasting thing, but I couldn't do it felt like I was fully about to die of starvation and was proper hangry (which didn't go down too well with the missus).

I have a large diet for someone of my size, but I've always been active up until recently - which has been down to laziness more than anything. So long as I keep going the lab and smashing the gyms head in, I'll be sound.

I tried the fasting thing, but I couldn't do it felt like I was fully about to die of starvation and was proper hangry (which didn't go down too well with the missus).

I have a large diet for someone of my size, but I've always been active up until recently - which has been down to laziness more than anything. So long as I keep going the lab and smashing the gyms head in, I'll be sound.
Is right. Just about the fasting the consensus and my experience is that your appetite regulates after about 2 weeks (I only fast during weekdays) in case you wanna go back to it in the future.

But you got this swole bro. Hesses.

How is everyone getting on with their training?

Bench 105kg
Squat 170kg
Deadlift 180kg

Started back boxing & recently taken up wall climbing too.

Weights arent amazing, but I’m progressing. Hoping to hit 200kg+ squat and deadlift before June.
Bench 105kg
squat 100kg
RDL 100kg

Not being funny neither - out of the gym for a very long time, sedentary job - I basically have no back. So going very slow on the squat and deads, tbh will prob never look to lift real weight there.

Anyone know of a good caffeine free pre-workout?

Used to love C4 but caffeine makes my tinnitus go a bit mad. I've read that Citrulline Malate is good but I'm a bit out my depth here. Been out the game for too long and the supplements market is mental now, and the branding is cringier than ever.

You know the natty gains come slow, if you are gaining more than 2 pound a month its gonna be mostly fat, 25 pounds in a year of prime Baino beef would be spectacular. I have found the diet tracking apps really help, once you find you maintenance level it's trial and error to add some cals either way to gain or lose a bit of weight.
Realistically 10 pounds a year would be a great achievement, no point just getting a layer of flab over them fabulous abs just to need to strip it off and be back where you were, slow lean gainz are the way bro...

Anyone know of a good caffeine free pre-workout?

Used to love C4 but caffeine makes my tinnitus go a bit mad. I've read that Citrulline Malate is good but I'm a bit out my depth here. Been out the game for too long and the supplements market is mental now, and the branding is cringier than ever.
Can’t help because every thing I pick up has approx 20mg of caffeine. I would t mind changing it up but can’t see anything without caffeine that’s been recommended.

I’ve used the gummies before but they also have caffeine.

Let me know if you find any

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back