THE GYM THREAD

Do you work out mate?

• Total voters
I'm probably going to give this a go: https://www.bulk.com/uk/complete-pre-workout-caffeine-free.html#mainDescription

I've used their protein in the past and it was fine. It's got good reviews and their products are generally well rated.

EDIT: They've got a half decent sale on, so fill up swole mates.
Do these make an appreciable difference bros? I don't really take supplements but my energy levels are so out of wack at the moment cuz of 12 hour shifts and probably some undiagnosed depression or something.

I can always win the mental battle to get in the gym but nothing boils my piss more than my lifts being below what they should be/were previously.

Ideally I'd take the uncaffeinated stuff because I am already an utter coffee fiend (cheers free coffee machine at work) and would rather not have a heart attack pre thirty.

Do these make an appreciable difference bros? I don't really take supplements but my energy levels are so out of wack at the moment cuz of 12 hour shifts and probably some undiagnosed depression or something.

I can always win the mental battle to get in the gym but nothing boils my piss more than my lifts being below what they should be/were previously.

Ideally I'd take the uncaffeinated stuff because I am already an utter coffee fiend (cheers free coffee machine at work) and would rather not have a heart attack pre thirty.
I think they do.

I used to take the high caffeine ones such as C4 and N.O. Xplode. I felt like I was on another planet during some sessions.

This one in the link in the post you quoted seems to be a decent middle ground. It definitely gives me a boost but I don’t feel it lasts as long, nor is it as potent as the high caffeine ones. So in some ways it’s ideal.

Just started PT beginning of this year. Really enjoying it so far. Been using barbells for the first time. Doing chin ups assisted with a band. Can't wait to be able to do chin ups unassisted. Been doing back squats, barbell shoulder press, assisted chin ups, TRX rows, kettlebell deadlifts. Can do the max on kettlebells so will probably start barbell deadlifts soon. I'm either gonna get hench or put my back out but it's fun. Haven't done any core stuff yet really which is potentially bit of a worry lol

Need to sort my nutrition now too. Need to figure out my ideal macro intake especially protein.

Just started PT beginning of this year. Really enjoying it so far. Been using barbells for the first time. Doing chin ups assisted with a band. Can't wait to be able to do chin ups unassisted. Been doing back squats, barbell shoulder press, assisted chin ups, TRX rows, kettlebell deadlifts. Can do the max on kettlebells so will probably start barbell deadlifts soon. I'm either gonna get hench or put my back out but it's fun. Haven't done any core stuff yet really which is potentially bit of a worry lol

Need to sort my nutrition now too. Need to figure out my ideal macro intake especially protein.
airplane-movies.gif

What do people here do for protein?

I'm trying to get my protein up a bit not only for muscle growth but also just to hopefully feel more satiated on less calories. I'm gonna start adding greek yoghurt and powdered peanut butter to things. And I might start using liquid egg whites here and there too.

A doc told me to stay away from protein powders as I tend to get rosacea and he reckons protein powders can aggravate it. Although looking online it seems only the milk based proteins can cause this, so I might look into some vegan ones.

I'm trying to get my protein up a bit not only for muscle growth but also just to hopefully feel more satiated on less calories. I'm gonna start adding greek yoghurt and powdered peanut butter to things. And I might start using liquid egg whites here and there too.

A doc told me to stay away from protein powders as I tend to get rosacea and he reckons protein powders can aggravate it. Although looking online it seems only the milk based proteins can cause this, so I might look into some vegan ones.
I find breakfast and lunch easy. Always have yogurt, protein granola and fruit for breakfast. Eggs and bit of carbs for lunch. Then chicken, fish or beef dish for tea.

Outside of meal times I snack on protein bars, nuts, yogurts etc.

Nuts are great but you need to spend time looking at them because some are very high in saturated fats. I have peanut butter and tons of mackerel and tuna in at all times as always get a quick source of protein if needed.

I eat a lot of eggs, peanut butter, whole milk, and have ham and/or beef in my sandwiches at work. None of that processed stuff, either.

Being a builder I’m quite limited to what I can have, so I also use PhD Diet Whey and Huel to supplement. Huel is great as it’s in some ways a meal replacement. It’s very useful.

Protein bars are a bit tricky. I find that they’re either very expensive or horribly dense and a chore to eat. It’s hard to find a good value one.

I eat a lot of eggs, peanut butter, whole milk, and have ham and/or beef in my sandwiches at work. None of that processed stuff, either.

Being a builder I’m quite limited to what I can have, so I also use PhD Diet Whey and Huel to supplement. Huel is great as it’s in some ways a meal replacement. It’s very useful.

Protein bars are a bit tricky. I find that they’re either very expensive or horribly dense and a chore to eat. It’s hard to find a good value one.
Huel adverts keep coming up on my Insta feed. Might check that out. Might get some pea protein too.

Huel adverts keep coming up on my Insta feed. Might check that out. Might get some pea protein too.
Their advertising is relentless and a bit cringe tbh.

They’ve got loads of products but I’ve only ever had the powder. The standard one (V3.0, I think) is the best for most people. Funnily enough I’ve got two bags being delivered today. I usually get one bag of vanilla and one chocolate.

It’s not cheap, though. Works out about £1.70 a shake, but for someone who has a very active lifestyle I honestly find it essential now. I struggle without it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back