The L.C.A.B. / THT Transfer Window Thread ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville can go. Even getting 1m for him is a good price, and i don't think the fans really would mind. He's grown on us during this last year or so, but we've mostly treated him rather tentatively, almost wouldn't trust him like, and grudgingly concede that he's a great leader, etc.

We would need some more cover at right-back then (we need to sign a defensive winger that can play both sides, i'm telling ya!), but it also means that hibbo gets to move up in the hierarchy and that is great.

Cahill is obvious captain material, seeing how he's vice-captain anyway. But Jagielka is indeed a good call. Arteta has usually been the third in line, but i never really see him make the rallying effort when he has the armband. Doesn't seem to communicate too much with the others and kind of lacks the influence. Though he screams for the ball a lot.

If Neville goes, i am officially launching my felli-for-captain.com website.

Id take it if it was a straight swap. They want 5mill for Kranjcar dont they? We dont have £5 for the canteens coffee.

Neville can go. Even getting 1m for him is a good price, and i don't think the fans really would mind. He's grown on us during this last year or so, but we've mostly treated him rather tentatively, almost wouldn't trust him like, and grudgingly concede that he's a great leader, etc.

We would need some more cover at right-back then (we need to sign a defensive winger that can play both sides, i'm telling ya!), but it also means that hibbo gets to move up in the hierarchy and that is great.

Cahill is obvious captain material, seeing how he's vice-captain anyway. But Jagielka is indeed a good call. Arteta has usually been the third in line, but i never really see him make the rallying effort when he has the armband. Doesn't seem to communicate too much with the others and kind of lacks the influence. Though he screams for the ball a lot.

If Neville goes, i am officially launching my felli-for-captain.com website.

In the past though when Cahill & Arteta have been captain it has not been quite right - they became slightly less effective as players in my opinion - obviously with Arteta at present this wouldn't be an issue as hes fairly ineffective anyway!:)

Theyll take less .

O'HARA !!!

Any legs on this swap deal with Neville at all?

Cahill is good enough in midfield IMO, his past performances there have mostly been good. We don't need Arteta in the middle, we need to build on the Fellaini-Rodwell central partnership as it has the potential to be the best in the league.

In the past though when Cahill & Arteta have been captain it has not been quite right - they became slightly less effective as players in my opinion - obviously with Arteta at present this wouldn't be an issue as hes fairly ineffective anyway!:)

Have to agree with you Chris.

Say, do you drink at Somerset House by any chance?

I'm sorry but O'hara would be a shocking signing, not a statement of intent to progress but a statement to survive!! We may aswell go back in for Robbie Savage!!

Neville has been the best Captain since Ratcliffe (yes i do remember him playing)...but there is always a time to move on....presonally i think he will be missed but ultimately replaceable.Also i think Cahill has earned the right to be permanent club captain.
Ive never in all my years seen a player talk to respectfully of his club whilst been interviewed. How many times do you hear a player saying it an honour to be involved with a team....most players think its the other way round.

Anyway yes to Kranjcar and would take O hara but not instead of.

Neville has been the best Captain since Ratcliffe (yes i do remember him playing)...but there is always a time to move on....presonally i think he will be missed but ultimately replaceable.Also i think Cahill has earned the right to be permanent club captain.
Ive never in all my years seen a player talk to respectfully of his club whilst been interviewed.
How many times do you hear a player saying it an honour to be involved with a team....most players think its the other way round.

Anyway yes to Kranjcar and would take O hara but not instead of.

This^^^^^^^^^^
But he'd be vice-captain, Arteta will be made captain, although in my opinion, he's not a very good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back