• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The league title race and who you want to win ... the unspeakable

Assuming we get fourth ... who do you want to win the title?

• City.

Votes: 55 24.4%
  • Chelsea.

Votes: 106 47.1%
  • Don't make me say it ... just ... "Other"

Votes: 64 28.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see the voting on this poll,then Bluenose will be proven a Bluenose despite his post content

I hope it does get shown, so you can see I voted for city. Infact I demand its shown :) The star is above city, tho i guess thats not much proof as it can be edited (not that I have)
  1. *
    City.
    48 vote(s)
    26.1%

2. Chelsea.
    94 vote(s)
    51.1%

3. Don't make me say it ... just ... "Other"
    42 vote(s)
    22.8%

I hope it does get shown, so you can see I voted for city. Infact I demand its shown :) The star is above city, tho i guess thats not much proof as it can be edited (not that I have)
  1. *
    City.
    48 vote(s)
    26.1%

2. Chelsea.
    94 vote(s)
    51.1%

3. Don't make me say it ... just ... "Other"
    42 vote(s)
    22.8%

Ok I will let you off but you do stink of rs mate. But don't worry about it.

It's a master stroke by the OP, tbf. A trap that the Kopite imposters have fallen right into. 15 of them so far. That's a fair sized problem on one forum.

It was a little trappy (I am not entirely opposed to traps as my "late night" hard-drive will attest). That said I am fairly staggered at 48 (basically the same total as City ... we really do not like City).

I don't believe I can retroactively change it to public (nor should I really -- if Modz want to make that decision [or look at it privately] that's their call) -- if people want to defend their choice they can post in the thread. I can see someone having that opinion (sick dad a RS or something) and not wanting to go through the inquisition of publicly admitting the fact.

I don't doubt some RS might vote as a wind-up although in their heads we *should* want them to win. Us wanting them to lose is what makes us so "bitter" (in their warped minds). The fact we have a poll where them winning is basically tied with City completely goes against their "they'd rather lose the CL and cost us the title than make the CL and hand us the title" BS rhetoric.

Makes me laugh how the op dropped this [Poor language removed] bomb of a thread and hasn't been seen since

Once you roll the live grenade into the room you don't stick around to experience the explosion. That said it wasn't entirely designed as a popcorn secret RS trap ... it IS a topic I think we are (for obvious reasons) trying to avoid thinking or talking about. I know it was something I didn't want to think or talk about that much ... which is why I thought I/we should talk about it. I'm not going to out anyone (and none of them are, to my knowledge, forum members) ... but I know Evertonians who have privately admitted some new strange feelings ... but yes Tubey while they may have been born in Liverpool but they don't live there now which makes a big difference.

I don't want the RS to win personally BUT there is a "Vulcan" side of me which has a belief: that belief is that the Prem is so out of control with money and such a closed shop that nobody but a billion pound team can win. I've argued this fact with some of you. Now the RS are rich so it's not exactly Swansea winning ... but as I said in OP they finished below us two years on the bounce and their squad seems fairly attainable. Assuming we could get Rom with CL (big ask I know) I don't look at their team and see anything we couldn't match. They may be stronger in some spots and we are stronger in others but they didn't all cost 50m ... if all our young players stick with us and develop as we hope (and we get some good new additions) we would be better than they are now.

I don't believe anyone but the obvious can win the Prem and they aren't the obvious ... so logically it would change how I see this game in the modern era to some extent and potentially signal that my boss team of blues could win the title too.

That said ... it's still a hideous nightmare that grates harshly against everything I have ever thought or believed ... so Chelsea I guess?

Last edited:
I have a reason as I am human. I could give you 96 reasons why I would not mind them winning the prem.

I want Liverpool to win Justice for the families and those that have worked tirelessly on behalf of the families. I want all the 96 to finally Rest In Peace, I want the 97th victim to be able smile that he's no longer blamed in some small way. I want Anne Williams, the true Iron Lady to be able to rest safely in the knowledge that none of her life was in vain, that what she did for the city and everybody in it has come to something and that the whole world knows that Woman is Scouse, through and through. I want the entire country to stand up ad recognise what the Authorities are capable of, to never give them an inch in what they do from now on, keep them on their toes and push them to their limit, ensuring that they serve us right and proper, and true. I wan this never to be forgotten, I want the memories to live on forever of everybody connected with this horrific tradgedy. I want everton to contunue to support LFC in the ways they do, and I want what has happened to be appreciated by every single generation till the day the Liverbird falls off its Mersey perch and the city of Liverpool is no more.

They can get to f&%k if they think I'll ever want them to win a single thing else though.

There seems to be a massive disconnect between those of us who will have to live with this day and daily and those Blues who don't live here.
I live a million miles away from the city. I assure you, there is no disconnect at all. The entire surface of this planet is infested with their fans (and Utd's), and in six months every last one of them has gone from dead silence to being patronising and mouthy and snide and full of *kak* about us "bitter blues" and "neverton", all turned up to 11.

No sir. Anyone but them.

I have a reason as I am human. I could give you 96 reasons why I would not mind them winning the prem.

You are doing exactly what LFC are doing.

Linking Hillsborough with them winning the league.

And then they up the ante by quite cynically planting the idea that the tragedy somehow entitles them to be crowned champions.

It doesn't.

I live a million miles away from the city. I assure you, there is no disconnect at all. The entire surface of this planet is infested with their fans (and Utd's), and in six months every last one of them has gone from dead silence to being patronising and mouthy and snide and full of *kak* about us "bitter blues" and "neverton", all turned up to 11.

No sir. Anyone but them.

Glad to hear that ;)

Liverpool won the League in 1990, that was much more 'For the 96' than this could ever be. The difference here is that they make more money out of this one, cause they get more television coverage and make more money from it. They then give that money to Suarez who is the absolute polar opposite as a person to the people they are exploiting for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back