The Littlewoods clock.

Heard Joey loves clocks, or something that sounded similar.
Ask him he might have it :lol: - joking apart bot @Groucho & myself have posted articles on the fate of one clock which is in the back garden working of an Evertonian - who found it thrown out ....

1717369086591.png

Very random this but we got speaking to an old lad and his Mrs whilst we were out and about down on Hightown/Crosby sand dunes and beach. Talk got on to BMD. Just the usual stuff, then he tells me this old clock (the one that was in the Church corner} has been refurbished and will take its place at BMD. Lovely to believe this is the case but I now wonder how much truth is in what he said, I can find no reference to it anywhere. Cheers.
Hmmm sounds ITK, write a letter to chong, hire a PI and find out if his relatives work with animals

People can shoot me down, but that clock that was only at Goodison for what was just a fraction of its life, has almost zero architectural quality and has no real place it can sit prominently within the stadium bowl or roof structure at BMD anyhow.

It cannot in the slightest be compared to the one at Arsenal that sat at Highbury for 70 years (which is almost all of its life) was installed at the request of one of their greatest managers and one of their ends named after it. That clock was moved to the Emirates but sits on the outside and a new larger version has been installed on the bowl roof.

Like @Ruairi77 has posted, if the Leitch crosses can be installed on the super riser of the South stand in a blend of old and new, then absolutely that should be looked at. They scream Everton and were apart of Goodison for 99 years.

No problems with the clock being restored and put in the Museum, where it belongs.

People can shoot me down, but that clock that was only at Goodison for what was just a fraction of its life, has almost zero architectural quality and has no real place it can sit prominently within the stadium bowl or roof structure at BMD anyhow.

It cannot in the slightest be compared to the one at Arsenal that sat at Highbury for 70 years (which is almost all of its life) was installed at the request of one of their greatest managers and one of their ends named after it. That clock was moved to the Emirates but sits on the outside and a new larger version has been installed on the bowl roof.

Like @Ruairi77 has posted, if the Leitch crosses can be installed on the super riser of the South stand in a blend of old and new, then absolutely that should be looked at. They scream Everton and were apart of Goodison for 99 years.

No problems with the clock being restored and put in the Museum, where it belongs.
I'm with you, it would look daft inside the new stadium.

I'd also be against the Leitch latticework being inside 'the bowl.' Slap sections of it along bar fronts on the concourse if we must take it with us, otherwise leave it as a nice nostalgic memory.

Wow! A week or two ago I was thinking exactly the same re. the old Littlewoods clock and whether it had been trashed - which would be an absolute shame as it is such an inherent part of Goodison folklore - or placed into safe storage. It did occur to me that if it was still in existence it may be used as a centre (time) piece in the GP rejuvenation project but I agree that there should be a place for it at BMD.

Like @Ruairi77 has posted, if the Leitch crosses can be installed on the super riser of the South stand in a blend of old and new, then absolutely that should be looked at. They scrverton and were apart of Goodison for 99 years.

Yes. The thing that makes that clock is the surrounding sponsorship. It looks pretty crappy without that:

IMG_0532.jpeg

It’s just a nostalgia hit really, isn’t it?

I’m pretty sure the current big screens have stood in Goodison at least as long as those clocks - and quite rightly no one is asking for them to be relocated.

Like you say, I’m happy for one to be mounted in a museum or in a concourse or something - but not as an integral part of the new ground.