The Moshiri Years; A Litany of Wasted Millions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DoF system works extremely well in the majority of clubs in Europe.

IF used correctly it prevents many of the issues we have faced over the last few years.

The DoFs have not been the issue here, a overbearing owner and a useless Chairmen sticking their noses in things have been our major issues.

Not a single Trophy was won in Europe last season by a team that doesnt employ the DoF system.
I support the director of football system and there have been a high volume of reports confirming the overbearing and controlling nature of Moshiri and Kenwright.

Also worth remembering the comments Kia Joorabachian made last year about sticking his head into proceedings.

The problem was that Moshiri thought he’d bought an historically big club fallen on hard times and all it needed was financing to return its true status.
But he was wrong.
The old Everton had been allowed to wither away in the preceding years, and all that was left was a facade of what once had been.
When he poured all that money in it failed because there was no actual structure to support and direct it.
As an accountant and businessman, this makes you think did the Mosh, ever do any due diligence and what Everton accounting books , was he shown, if any, prior to his take over if Everton FC?

The more you think, then it makes you wonder, what, how, why and what's next?

I'll support Everton, in this and the after life, but these last 30 year's have ruined the club, and have seen the rapid decline.

But hope eternal.
UTFTs!

As an accountant and businessman, this makes you think did the Mosh, ever do any due diligence and what Everton accounting books , was he shown, if any, prior to his take over if Everton FC?

The more you think, then it makes you wonder, what, how, why and what's next?

I'll support Everton, in this and the after life, but these last 30 year's have ruined the club, and have seen the rapid decline.

But hope eternal.
UTFTs!

Well he converted the debt to equity/interest free loans.

I said it forever, the prize for him and his mate was Liverpool Waters. We were the perfect conduit for that ambition. Then Putin went mental. It has been a disaster, but also typical "Everton that"

At least with Martinez we were always "phenomenal". Even when the rs we're beating us 4-0.
BBS, always put a positive spin on any game, but he was deluded and his teams, got found out for being too slow and unable to defend effectively.

But we had a good season but it's been a deadly decade of decline on and off the pitch since 2013.

UTFTs!

Moshiri threw the kitchen sink at it in his first years.

They tried to bridge the gap between us and the better teams by signing experienced players who inevitably cost more money than they should have done.

Despite all of the failings under Moshiri, Kenwright is the one constant failure of the last 25+ years and I don’t believe for one minute he wasn’t still pulling all of the strings. That is a failure on Moshiri as well of course and he also should have come in with a new broom and swept all of the old baggage out.

Koeman got us up to 7th and back in Europe in his first season. The season after that is when the real trouble started, when Lukaku left and we ended up with 4 number 10’s all on big money and seemingly no plan. I do still believe we pulled the trigger on Koeman too early and we would have turned it around eventually, as Allardyce did when he replaced him.

On the managerial side, his biggest blunder was Benitez. A horrific appointment which was only ever going to end one way.
Excellent summary of the Wonder Years, when Everton destroyed itself from within. How the hell was it allowed to happen?

Too good to be true and Everton so it was and is now.

But soon the tide will turn.. I hope so.
UTFTs!

If he can't reconcile himself to a massive loss on his investment here, then he'll take the club down and possibly finish it off as we know it.

Step aside, stand down the board, sell up and get the hell out. Now.

It's as simple as that and it will take years to get the club on an evil keel and stabilise.

One day but it's brought the club to its knees and Evertonians are suffering in pergatory.

But one day, hopefully soon, fortunes will turn for the better.
UTFTs!
Is pergatory worse than Purgatory? If so I will stick with Purgatory.

…still a huge waste of money.

Be interesting to see a list of players who have run down their contracts during the Moshiri era because of the extraordinary deals the club has given them. It’s not just poor signings, it’ll include the likes of Tom Davies and almost certainly Holgate and Keane. Waste, waste, waste.
His wages could have been high, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that his transfer fee was very low. 5 million, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.