The next manager appointment (new thread)

The next manager appointment

• David Moyes

Votes: 105 20.2%
  • Carlos Corberan

Votes: 83 16.0%
  • Wayne Rooney

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 53 10.2%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 66 12.7%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 12 2.3%
  • Abel Ferreira

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Imanol Alguacil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henrik Rydstrom

• Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • Davide Ancelotti

Votes: 55 10.6%
  • Sarina Wiegman

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Sergio Conceicao

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Roger Schmidt

• Edin Terzic

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • Kasper Hjulmand

• Christian Streich

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • A caretaker like Big Sam, Warnock etc

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Mister X not mentioned

Votes: 62 11.9%

• Total voters
We seriously need to rid ourselves of the happy clappers, they have been allowed to strangle this club for far too long now with their complete passiveness to everything.

…do you now suggest I shouldn’t be associated with the club anymore because I put up a case the vast majority of others disagree with?

I presume a ‘happy clapper’ is somebody who accepts mediocracy, but the argument I put forward for Dyche was that his achievement was far from mediocre. It would be easy after my lifetime of supporting the Blues to be anti everything of the modern era, the opposite of a ‘happy clapper’ but I always try and watch with an open mind and support my views with what I believe is evidence.

It’s fine to disagree, but not to dismiss others by being disagreeable. Up the happy clappers.

…do you now suggest I shouldn’t be associated with the club anymore because I put up a case the vast majority of others disagree with?

I presume a ‘happy clapper’ is somebody who accepts mediocracy, but the argument I put forward for Dyche was that his achievement was far from mediocre. It would be easy after my lifetime of supporting the Blues to be anti everything of the modern era, the opposite of a ‘happy clapper’ but I always try and watch with an open mind and support my views with what I believe is evidence.

It’s fine to disagree, but not to be disagreeable.
It's not aimed at you mate, you are perfectly entitled to your view and I respect it fine @Eggs. It's more a general point tbh. I think there are a large portion of this fanbase schooled on the Moyes/Kenwright years and have this "Know your place" mentality that particularly Bill pushed onto the fanbase, hence his nonsense about "Good times" no Bill "Good times" would have been winning something. Look at the recent financial struggles the club has had, do you realise how many of the fanbase don't actually get how much trouble we have been in, it's crazy mate. Just look how many on here that can't move on from Moyes, or they want to bring all the old players back like Richarlison and is now seriously injury prone. Some seem to want too turn us into a museum.

Sorry if you thought it was aimed at you pal it wasn't, it was more of a general point :)

Not a chance you can compare them, one got us to consecutive top 6’s and regularly in Europe, and one couldn’t even achieve what Martinez did with us, and his Everton tenure is closer to Allardyce in comparison.
Both failed to make a mark in Everton’s history.
Football clubs ( and pretty much any sport is measured by how many times you have been the best .
Ancelotti and Moyes added nothing to the section headed ‘Honours’ and will therefore be largely forgotten as the years go by.
In 50 years time any Evertonians will have largely forgotten about Moyes and will be surprised that Ancelotti briefly managed us.

A manager is important.

An organized and agreed upon focus for the club’s academy AND first team is more important. We need a style of play to build from. I don’t care if it’s as simple as defend and counter so long as we do it well and develop and buy players suited for it.

Southgate is a terrible shout.
Can't think of anyone on the list, with a small chance of coming, that I'd wanna see.
Moyes as an interim manager only, till the end of the season like.
Actually, a post Moyes again, where its done bloody right this time would perhaps be a fitting way to close a chapter.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back