The Oldies Thread

Went to Anfield Comp in the late 1960's.

Had one chucked at me, beaten with a cane and slipper, had ear pulled, and verbally denigrated.

Went to SFX in Woolton, Jesuits, they used to throw the window opener pole. The blackboard was wiped with a cloth like a tea towel , then they’d beat it against your head, leaving all the chalk dust on your face and head, particularly bad just after the swimming lesson……

Went to SFX in Woolton, Jesuits, they used to throw the window opener pole. The blackboard was wiped with a cloth like a tea towel , then they’d beat it against your head, leaving all the chalk dust on your face and head, particularly bad just after the swimming lesson……

Had a couple of mates who went to SFX, they used to tell me the Horror stories.

We had a teacher who used a cricket bat - he’d chalk it first before “administering” the punishment! Victims would walk round school for the rest of the day with a cricket bat shaped chalk mark right across their backside :rant:!

….played there in County Schoolboys trial in about 1972/73 and turned my ankle over quite badly. Swelled like a balloon and a priest walked me back to the dressing room, still remember that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back