The Oldies Thread

What's the mild ? Should be seen more, and ditch the ubiquitous overtly hoppy crap.

It’s made by a young lad who has set up a brewery recently and only started selling a month or two back. I promised him we would support him as he built it up. So far we’ve had a really good Bitter and now we’ve had the Mild on a couple of weeks running as guest beers. I was never a Mild drinker in the past but I appreciate good beer and both are excellent. The feedback from customers has been wonderful. A mate of mine also owns a pub closer to the new brewery and he has been getting similar responses. I’m made up for the young man and his dad who helps him……

It’s made by a young lad who has set up a brewery recently and only started selling a month or two back. I promised him we would support him as he built it up. So far we’ve had a really good Bitter and now we’ve had the Mild on a couple of weeks running as guest beers. I was never a Mild drinker in the past but I appreciate good beer and both are excellent. The feedback from customers has been wonderful. A mate of mine also owns a pub closer to the new brewery and he has been getting similar responses. I’m made up for the young man and his dad who helps him……
I drank Mild for many years when I was young, brown mild with Manns brown I would still go for. Everyone said it was an old man's drink while they were spewing up on Oranjeboom and a Herdygerdyschmürgenbraü, I just laughed and put them all into taxis and stole their women**

**this didn't happen but could have if I'd tried ***

***this bit is also a slight exaggeration 🤫

I drank Mild for many years when I was young, brown mild with Manns brown I would still go for. Everyone said it was an old man's drink while they were spewing up on Oranjeboom and a Herdygerdyschmürgenbraü, I just laughed and put them all into taxis and stole their women**
I was a student down in Cardiff in the 1980s. Brains do a great real ale mild ...

**this didn't happen but could have if I'd tried ***

***this bit is also a slight exaggeration 🤫

….Manns Brown an essential ingredient with either Mild or Bitter. I did go through a spell of drinking ‘fifty’ which for those that don’t know, was half Mild, half draught Guinness.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back