The Oldies Thread

Think you can still get it and the green. Vanilla custard, hot, cold, thick or thin, is my fave food. When I was a Waitress, at the end of the shift, the Chef would always let me finish off the custard in his Bay Marie, that dried skin round the side would send me into thrills of extacy.
Custard is one of lifes greatest creations.

Alfred Bird was an absolute genius.

Remember when I was a kid living above the Aintree pub in Bootle. Used to make myself a pint of custard at night and sit there with a spoon and smash the lot 😂

Surprisingly I wasn’t an obese child after explaining that.
I think my first experience of custard that I remember was with bananas. Still occasionally have it, lasts about twenty seconds. :)

I used to see the tins in Home Bargins but they have repackaged them in smaller plastic cartons now and sell them in packs of two. The strawberry jam my fave
A local butchers shop has a sweet section selling old style school dinners and they were selling the pink and green custard.

I got the green custard and chocolate sponge to try and of course for a trip down memory lane.

Let’s just say I won’t be getting it again. Probably tasted better with a junior palate.

A local butchers shop has a sweet section selling old style school dinners and they were selling the pink and green custard.

I got the green custard and chocolate sponge to try and of course for a trip down memory lane.

Let’s just say I won’t be getting it again. Probably tasted better with a junior palate.
Yes as much as I love custard the mint and strawberry are pretty rancid , has to be vanilla or chocolate

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back