The Oldies Thread

I dread to think what we were all eating, post loads of alcohol, in those days.
I can remember reading in the Echo in the mid 1970s a Chinese chiooy on edge lane got closed down in a police raid & the environmental health dept as they found large dogs on meat hooks in their cold store skinned t
Ready to use in their chicken curry..
I once look a fried rice meal back .As the king prawns were in batter- no problem he said & put the same prawns peeling the batter off in a different dish with chips ...
I never used the pilch lane chippy ever again as I lived near by ...I threw them in the dustbin!

I can remember reading in the Echo in the mid 1970s a Chinese chiooy on edge lane got closed down in a police raid & the environmental health dept as they found large dogs on meat hooks in their cold store skinned t
Ready to use in their chicken curry..
I once look a fried rice meal back .As the king prawns were in batter- no problem he said & put the same prawns peeling the batter off in a different dish with chips ...
I never used the pilch lane chippy ever again as I lived near by ...I threw them in the dustbin!
I can remember them finding an Alsations head in the kitchen of my local Chinese back in the 80's.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back