The Oldies Thread

Tipping in restaurants and the likes is just getting a bit silly. Why not just pay people a proper wage and charge the customer what it costs?

I remember it being far easier when going to cafes when young. My mum left a shilling/5p under the salt for the waitress (as it usually was then).

I was given the option of tipping by the card reader after ordering a drink from a bar the other day ...

I remember my da sipping Hemeling Lager , as a nipper I was inquisitive , so I sneaked a can out. Went up the park and opened it. Jeeez it was awful , poured the rest away. Never looked at my da the same way again

Think it was 2007 I got rid of mine and had a modern boiler, can remember there was the big water tank above the old one. The bloke who put the new one in said I'll get rid of the old one for you, they were copper if I remember so probably got some cash for it 😆
A bit like that old chest of drawers sat in the corner of an old Aunt's 'best room' and the house clearance guy says...'Go on, I'll give you a fiver for it but I'll probably spend more fixing it up and if I'm lucky I may just wipe my nose on resale'...only to find out it was a genuine Chippendale worth £000's.

Think it was 2007 I got rid of mine and had a modern boiler, can remember there was the big water tank above the old one. The bloke who put the new one in said I'll get rid of the old one for you, they were copper if I remember so probably got some cash for it 😆
When I sold my mum’s house after she died it was still working and the only source of hot water, 2006.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back