The Oldies Thread

A bit like that old chest of drawers sat in the corner of an old Aunt's 'best room' and the house clearance guy says...'Go on, I'll give you a fiver for it but I'll probably spend more fixing it up and if I'm lucky I may just wipe my nose on resale'...only to find out it was a genuine Chippendale worth £000's.
I used to house clean for an old lady and when she passed her Nephew asked me to pick an item from the house. I picked a print of this, I can't afford my season ticket this year and very tempted to sell it as it's currently going for £350 on Ebay
1720453949642.png

I used to house clean for an old lady and when she passed her Nephew asked me to pick an item from the house. I picked a print of this, I can't afford my season ticket this year and very tempted to sell it as it's currently going for £350 on Ebay
View attachment 263850
Be careful, Sue - there is some serious interest out there in original Tretchikoff prints. Watched a TV programme (or it may have been on YouTube) just the other week and his prints are realising some serious money. They cost little or nothing back in the 70's and they are not to my taste but if you have one esp. if it has a retail mark from a shop or store on the back - which, I presume, establishes it's providence - then they are seemingly highly desirable. The majority of his paintings/prints are of oriental girls with a greenish/blue hue.

There are a lot of prints for sale but I imagine these are second and third generation rather than the 'original' first print editions which came to the market in the 60's/70's

Each to their own I guess.

You know when your getting old when The Footage Detectives on TTP Station every Sunday at 5 pm is your TV highlight of the week - it covers most of this nice thread :lol:
The UK in the late 1950s/60s with sme great footage & favourite sweets & biscuits of the times ;)

…..plenty of houses will still have an old water tank in the loft, empty and disconnected.
Our cold water tank was left up there as it was still part of the cold water delivery system made of Galv steel and bigger than the hatch in the ceiling, I think it was bolted together up there - not worth the effort.
The copper hot water tank in the airing cupboard...initially heated by the coal fire, then the electric Immersion heater when we had the coal fire replaced by gas, was replaced by the combi boiler.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back