The Oldies Thread

The kick inside album cover ,introduced me to the fairer sex as I remember.That album cover was on posters all across the underground,stunner.

This one....

The_Kick_Inside_UK_cover.jpg

I never liked the name mind......

I remember it costing 7/- (35p) to get in the ground and being able to get 4 pints of lager and 20 No6 for a pound (of course I was only getting paid £6 per week!)

I remember when you paid 4/6d to sit in the stand at the Park End. Well, me grandad did - I don't know what it cost him for me.

The programme was 4d.

My kids are quite surprised by how many songs I actually know . Ranging from the 60's to the present day . My eldest lad asked me to name all Nirvana albums . So I did , which shut him up :p

Today's younguns might think they know everything . But us oldies actually DO

* I'm currently 48. When does senility start ?

Two years later, prepare!!!

BTW got all the Kate Bush albums, my missus hates her.

One of the good things about getting to a certain age is that you no longer care what people think about you and can happily admit to liking both Dolly Parton and Metallica. The youngsters might say Not Even Arsed, but we actually mean it.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Dooly last night on Iplayer. great show and boy all those tranny outfits what a laugh.

I watched Everton's title-winning match in 85 for ( I think ) £5.40 ? It costs that for the ht refreshments now
You must have sat down and got a programme for that. About that time I was living in Tooting South London. If the College side weren't playing I went and watched Chelsea a couple of times. A Travelcard for the day and entrance to the Shed End cost less that £5. Saw Southall sent off and Sharpy miss a penalty in a pitiful defeat once. Another time Cloughie's Forest won something like 5-3.

"Celery, celery........."

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back