Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Sam Allardyce fanboy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. The media in this country are a joke. Seriously, it's embarrassing now. They hounded managers out of the national team job on a regular basis now.

I mean why even try to set allardice up? What was the point in getting him to say things knowing full well he could be sacked as a result?

Bloody joke of a country

Maybe because just like " el Tel and Hawwy " there's always been a whiff of corruption surrounding him - named in several books as liking the brown envelope and he's never sued ( make of that what you will )

He's been set up because they knew he'd take the bait.

And we sit on our high horses calling the Russians bent !

Maybe because just like " el Tel and Hawwy " there's always been a whiff of corruption surrounding him - named in several books as liking the brown envelope and he's never sued ( make of that what you will )

He's been set up because they knew he'd take the bait.

And we sit on our high horses calling the Russians bent !
Even worse then if you are setting them up because you know you will get something.

thing is, you don't see any other countries media doing that to their national manager. the ones more succesful than england as well. You call the job a poisoned chalice but its because its the bloody media who are the ones with the poison. Just for once they could just leave an england manager alone and perhaps they could then go on and do something at a tournament maybe? Even roy was being second guessed in the media.

Wow. The media in this country are a joke. Seriously, it's embarrassing now. They hounded managers out of the national team job on a regular basis now.

I mean why even try to set allardice up? What was the point in getting him to say things knowing full well he could be sacked as a result?

Bloody joke of a country

Are you joking?

Are you joking?
no.

why hound the england manager? Seriously? Why set them up on a sting like they have done several times before? What good is that actually going to do? Other than to get a quote about the F.A to run with?

As i said above no other country sets up stings for their national managers and when you consider spain had a racist in charge for example, they were still a damn sight better ran than england in that time. they back their managers, we set up sting operations.

no.

why hound the england manager? Seriously? Why set them up on a sting like they have done several times before? What good is that actually going to do? Other than to get a quote about the F.A to run with?

As i said above no other country sets up stings for their national managers and when you consider spain had a racist in charge for example, they were still a damn sight better ran than england in that time. they back their managers, we set up sting operations.

Expose a corrupt man for being corrupt?

I mean this is like blaming the police for investigating crimes. Why hound the murderer?

Weird stance you're having here!

no.

Perhaps it's not an attempt to simply hound the England manager (or not entirely), but rather highlight is real lack of credibility and judgement.

Should an England manager, in the privileged position he is, be aiding people in their attempt to undermine Football Associations rules?

Should Allardyce be signing questionable yet lucrative financial deals which obviously may create questions about the integrity of his decisions?

Obviously there'll be aspects of journalist intent as it's a big story, however I do think there's no smoke without fire when it comes to Big Sam.

no.

Why turn a blind eye when they have tangible evidence racking up that paints a very murky picture of the man chosen to lead our national side - and be paid handsomely into the bargain.

The stories and links have been mounting up against this charlatan for a long time, so this is hardly surprising. Il glad the press went in for the kill once and for all. If they'd have chanced their arm on a hunch or a single tip-off and struck gold, I'd have been a bit miffed with them for being so underhand. But, as I say, there were numerous allegations of dodgy dealings involving Fat Sam so why should a blind eye be turned just because he's now the England manager? If anything, it makes it even more necessary to out him.

Welcome Mr Shearer (or whoever else they desperately turn to next!).

If he does go, the media will demand Eddie flavour of the month Howe, and Scotland will win out group.

Also:

Over the coming days the Telegraph will detail how:

The assistant manager of a high-profile football club accepted a £5,000 cash “bung”

Ten managers were named by players’ agents as taking bribes to fix player transfers

Two well-known managers discussed becoming ambassadors for the same fictitious firm as Sam Allardyce

Another high-profile manager admitted his players broke FA rules by betting on their own games but he failed to report it

A senior figure at a Premier League club helped undercover reporters to formulate a plan to bribe managers

Predictions?

I think anyone of them that says 'high profile' and not 'premier league' is unlikely to be a premier league manager.

Expose a corrupt man for being corrupt?

I mean this is like blaming the police for investigating crimes. Why hound the murderer?

Weird stance you're having here!

thing is though, he was corrupt before he got the england job. Not one person was bothered to do a sting when he was sunderland manager, but as soon as he is the national coach then like magic they do one to get dirt on him.

He may be corrupt in his own way, but like some other names in our game, he isn't the only one.

Perhaps it's not an attempt to simply hound the England manager (or not entirely), but rather highlight is real lack of credibility and judgement.

Should an England manager, in the privileged position he is, be aiding people in their attempt to undermine Football Associations rules?

Should Allardyce be signing questionable yet lucrative financial deals which obviously may create questions about the integrity of his decisions?

Obviously there'll be aspects of journalist intent as it's a big story, however I do think there's no smoke without fire when it comes to Big Sam.

Yes, but as i put above, why didn't they do any sort of sting before he was england manager? They have waited for him to be in charge of the national team before they bring him down. Like they did with Erriksen, like they publically ripped hodgson apart for anything they didn't agree with. It goes hand in hand with the lack of success that the country has had, and it is all to just run a story and sell some papers. Because that is the main thing here, selling papers. Not doing it for the good of the game, or to get a better coach in, or a personal vendetta, just to sell papers.

that is why i disagree with it, not been done for anything else in mind other than a journalistic scoop. Which paper was it that done it anyhow?

Why turn a blind eye when they have tangible evidence racking up that paints a very murky picture of the man chosen to lead our national side - and be paid handsomely into the bargain.

The stories and links have been mounting up against this charlatan for a long time, so this is hardly surprising. Il glad the press went in for the kill once and for all. If they'd have chanced their arm on a hunch or a single tip-off and struck gold, I'd have been a bit miffed with them for being so underhand. But, as I say, there were numerous allegations of dodgy dealings involving Fat Sam so why should a blind eye be turned just because he's now the England manager? If anything, it makes it even more necessary to out him.

Welcome Mr Shearer (or whoever else they desperately turn to next!).

thing is, why not when he was at sunderland? Or west ham? Why now?

What good does come of this? We lose another national manager and then all of a sudden any manager looks twice at the job because they know they can be brought down?

and more to the point, why doesn't any other countries media do this? Why didn't spain bring De Bosque down despite probably a long list of things they could have on him, both publically and otherwise? Because they went on to dominate world football in the meantime. Same as France, Italy, Germany, none of these countries dfrag up dirt to expose their manager and are better off for it.

I dont believe anything journalists are doing here as good. It is being done to sell a paper and when that is the dominant factor here, not sure how anyone else can agree to that because 'he is a little corrupt'. Pulis is, goes through one agent and sells through them as well, Mike Ashley at newcastle is dodgy as hell, there is plenty out there. Why aren't these being brought down?

I genuinely worry if you think what this is boils down to journalists doing anything good. they are selling papers, that is it, they are scum. if they wanted to bring him down then could have just gone straight to the F.A with the evidence about him.

thing is though, he was corrupt before he got the england job. Not one person was bothered to do a sting when he was sunderland manager, but as soon as he is the national coach then like magic they do one to get dirt on him.

He may be corrupt in his own way, but like some other names in our game, he isn't the only one.

Yeah it's called accountability mate. You don't blame the media for investigating something; you blame the guy for doing what he did.

It doesn't matter how or when he became corrupt; he has now been found out to be, and the media have done a terrific job here. I am baffled as to why you think this is a bad thing?

Yeah it's called accountability mate. You don't blame the media for investigating something; you blame the guy for doing what he did.

It doesn't matter how or when he became corrupt; he has now been found out to be, and the media have done a terrific job here. I am baffled as to why you think this is a bad thing?
it is selective thinking then mate.

Are you happy with the media always going for the national managers throat? YOu happy that anything and everything on the national manager comes out simply to sell newspapers? ther eis no journalistic integrity here, that is the point i don't agree with. If it was genuinely a good thing they tried to do then fair enough, exposing him is a good thing. but the fact there isn't any good will yet again here, they are bringing down allardice not because he is corrupt but because he the national team manager. That is the difference i am trying to point out. they would not have bothered with him if he was still at sunderland, just like they went in on Redknapp just because they knew he was going to be the england manager sooner rather than later.
there is no integrity, the media are scum by doing this over and over again and then wondering why there is no quality coaches wanting to take the job. Because why would they? any chance encounter could turn into a sting to uncover any bit of previous history.

to put it into perspective, how many potential england managers in this country are clean? genuinely nothing to hide, done nothing in the game wrong and have no opinions other than towing the party line? Because the media will jump on them otherwise.

and other perspective, Pulis as england manager next? Or pardew? Or steve bruce?

it is selective thinking then mate.

Are you happy with the media always going for the national managers throat? YOu happy that anything and everything on the national manager comes out simply to sell newspapers? ther eis no journalistic integrity here, that is the point i don't agree with. If it was genuinely a good thing they tried to do then fair enough, exposing him is a good thing. but the fact there isn't any good will yet again here, they are bringing down allardice not because he is corrupt but because he the national team manager. That is the difference i am trying to point out. they would not have bothered with him if he was still at sunderland, just like they went in on Redknapp just because they knew he was going to be the england manager sooner rather than later.
there is no integrity, the media are scum by doing this over and over again and then wondering why there is no quality coaches wanting to take the job. Because why would they? any chance encounter could turn into a sting to uncover any bit of previous history.

to put it into perspective, how many potential england managers in this country are clean? genuinely nothing to hide, done nothing in the game wrong and have no opinions other than towing the party line? Because the media will jump on them otherwise.

and other perspective, Pulis as england manager next? Or pardew? Or steve bruce?

Erm... that's a good thing.

Don't think I'm ever going to understand you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back