Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Sam Allardyce fanboy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but as i put above, why didn't they do any sort of sting before he was england manager? They have waited for him to be in charge of the national team before they bring him down. Like they did with Erriksen, like they publically ripped hodgson apart for anything they didn't agree with. It goes hand in hand with the lack of success that the country has had, and it is all to just run a story and sell some papers. Because that is the main thing here, selling papers. Not doing it for the good of the game, or to get a better coach in, or a personal vendetta, just to sell papers.

that is why i disagree with it, not been done for anything else in mind other than a journalistic scoop. Which paper was it that done it anyhow?
Clearly an England manager is a more high-profile target and that would have played a part in their decision making and I'm not oblivious to that.

Equally, it's in their interest to sell papers so it would have played a part in their decision making. However, Big Sam also has a responsibility.

When you're selected to be an international manager then surely you must expect more focus from the media, yet he's still out being a crony.

It's not a man out having an affair or simply attempting to slander the man, but rather highlighting that he's edging towards corruption.

Do you think it is correct for an England manager to be assisting individuals (for his own financial gain) to sidestep FA legislation and rules?

Do you think it's correct that he should be signing deals that may have elements which could affect his judgement regarding the England team?

Personally I don't. Yes you can blame the media for elements of it, but in the end it's Big Sam who has decided to undertake such decisions.

And ultimately with that comes the risk of being exposed, and I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to him and others.

He's got a good friend, another infamous English manager who was tipped for the role, who has a SB file that would make career criminals cringe.

Erm... that's a good thing.

Don't think I'm ever going to understand you here.

every manager has dirt on them. Don't care if you are roberto martinez or eddie howe or tony pulis. Every manager has something on them.

the fact this media will sit there happy until they become england manager and then sting them into getting the info on tape? then we wonder why the national team is crap?! the best managers you are going to get for the job are the likes of allardice now, because no manager with half a bloody brain would even consider taking that job on knowing full well the media will use you to sell papers.

and perspective here, is this any different to any other scummy media tricks? remember these are the name media sources that hack phones, just because you think bringing allardice down is a good thing, does not detract from what the media actually is in this country. And that is where my grevance is on the matter, not allardice himself but the fact they felt the need to sting him as soon as he got the job.

Clearly an England manager is a more high-profile target and that would have played a part in their decision making and I'm not oblivious to that.

Equally, it's in their interest to sell papers so it would have played a part in their decision making. However, Big Sam also has a responsibility.

When you're selected to be an international manager then surely you must expect more focus from the media, yet he's still out being a crony.

It's not a man out having an affair or simply attempting to slander the man, but rather highlighting that he's edging towards corruption.

Do you think it is correct for an England manager to be assisting individuals (for his own financial gain) to sidestep FA legislation and rules?

Do you think it's correct that he should be signing deals that may have elements which could affect his judgement regarding the England team?

Personally I don't. Yes you can blame the media for elements of it, but in the end it's Big Sam who has decided to undertake such decisions.

And ultimately with that comes the risk of being exposed, and I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to him and others.

He's got a good friend, another infamous English manager who was tipped for the role, who has a SB file that would make career criminals cringe.
for him personally no. the fact it is allardice is neither here nor there on the matter for me. Could have been Roy, could have been mclaren.

it is the fact of when they chose to do it, i may be in the minoirty for thinking it then fair enough. but i think the most detrimental thing they can do to the national team is just bay for the managers blood any chance they get.

he may be corrupt and he may have his sins, but then the same sins were given the job to begin with. The blame should then lay at the F.A not at allardice who got offered the job. Yet is it not funny that the media don't go after the FA at all? only the manager. and then wonder why the national team is woeful?

i just don't agree with the medias actions. They might be outing someone who needs exposing sure but they are not doing it with the right intentions, and it almost then excuses them do use other underhand tricks in the media as long as the person is corrupt?

for him personally no. the fact it is allardice is neither here nor there on the matter for me. Could have been Roy, could have been mclaren.

it is the fact of when they chose to do it, i may be in the minoirty for thinking it then fair enough. but i think the most detrimental thing they can do to the national team is just bay for the managers blood any chance they get.

he may be corrupt and he may have his sins, but then the same sins were given the job to begin with. The blame should then lay at the F.A not at allardice who got offered the job. Yet is it not funny that the media don't go after the FA at all? only the manager. and then wonder why the national team is woeful?

i just don't agree with the medias actions. They might be outing someone who needs exposing sure but they are not doing it with the right intentions, and it almost then excuses them do use other underhand tricks in the media as long as the person is corrupt?

ALLARDYCE FFS MATE IT'S WRITTEN IN THE TITLE

it is the fact of when they chose to do it....

....The blame should then lay at the F.A not at allardice who got offered the job.
He chose to conduct himself in a questionable manner when he was the England manager; he could have quite easily chose not to do so.

And furthermore, how the heck can you blame the FA for a person deciding (after being appointed) to participate in pretty dubious matters

If it had occurred before hand and the FA knew of such dealings then I'd happily heap the blame on them, but it's after he was appointed.

When he knew he had a role of high responsibility and would be under media scrutiny and he still decided to do it. The blame is solely on him!

He chose to conduct himself in a questionable manner when he was the England manager; he could have quite easily chose not to do so.

And furthermore, how the heck can you blame the FA for a person deciding (after being appointed) to participate in pretty dubious matters

If it had occurred before hand and the FA knew of such dealings then I'd happily heap the blame on them, but it's after he was appointed.

When he knew he had a role of high responsibility and would be under media scrutiny and he still decided to do it. The blame is solely on him!
Thing is, he hasn't suddenly started to get involved in these things. He would have been doing it for years, so the FA would have had some idea of what he was doing. I mean seriously, all these players he signs who have their third party ownership suddenly vanish for arguments sake?

everyone knows Big Sam is dodgy. Just like Redknapp. The FA should just give his a slap on the wrists, because after all, they are not exactly holier than thou themselves

Thing is, he hasn't suddenly started to get involved in these things. He would have been doing it for years, so the FA would have had some idea of what he was doing. I mean seriously, all these players he signs who have their third party ownership suddenly vanish for arguments sake?
Actions before his appointment will in their eyes will have been reprehensible but arguably excusable as they were out of their control.

On the other hand, actions after his appointment are not excusable as he knows his position and should act accordingly when in that role.

Put simply - you can't excuse what he's done simply because he's probably done it in the past, in other circumstances, although not proven.

Once you take a job with responsibility then you have to accept that their are rules you must abide by. If you fail to do so then it's your fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back