Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Sam Allardyce fanboy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@davek Did Moyes have a family member who was an agent? Wouldn't be too surprised if that link pulled him into investigation.
His brother was/is an agent. He also ran a pre-season tours company...

"Libero was established to supply Professional Football teams with high quality bespoke football tours and training camps throughout Europe and the UK.

Based in Glasgow, with satellite offices worldwide, our Management Team and Coaching Staff consist of professional people whose careers have been immersed in the football industry collectively for over 25 years.

When managing Tour arrangements for some of the worlds biggest football clubs, experience and professionalism are paramount. Our business ethics are firmly based on hard work, providing the best facilities and a fair pricing structure to rival any other tour operators nationally."

Kenny Moyes, Managing Director

Our Clients:

"I have used Libero for the arrangement of pre-season training camps and matches over 15 times in Italy,Spain,Switzerland,France,Austria and Scotland. The service and facilities are always excellent and the correct way for my teams preparation."

David Moyes, Everton FC - 2002 - 2013

Wasn't the a manager who had a brother as an agent but he owned like 50% of that business? Thought I recall hearing something along those lines line 2 years ago..

From what I was told, ownership/influence of agencies and "asking" potential new signings to ditch theirs and join this/his shiny new one might be a more fruitful fishing expedition for journos.

From what I was told, allegedly, etc etc. Silvan Distin to West Ham?

Just saying like.

This is only in the public interest if either of these three boxes are ticked

1. It's illegal

2. It effects his ability to do the England job

3. It breaches his England contract

Unless either of those have happened, he has no charges to answer and it's a total non-story IMO

I've seen no concrete evidence that any have occurred

Still, British Press gonna British Press

It's well within the public interest as they've been conducting investigations for close to a year after getting tipped off about a number of names involved in similar things - bribes/bungs, betting etc, bascially the impact money has in Football - which, yes, is well documented but not the darker side.

The Telegraph wouldn't even think about going ahead with the investigation nor getting as far as publishing the piece, plus the upcoming pieces, if they even thought they fell foul of IPSO. They're releasing the transcripts to The FA too so we'll see where that gets them.

Good initial piece in The Guardian from Ron Greenslade defending their right to follow through with it all. https://www.theguardian.com/media/g...llardyce-sting-was-justified?CMP=share_btn_tw

The Sam Allardyce story puts the journalistic use of subterfuge under the spotlight once more. Was the Daily Telegraph right to launch what amounts to a sting operation to expose the England football manager?

My unhesitating answer, based on my reading of the newspaper’s articles (and not on any extra inside knowledge) is yes.

According to the Telegraph’s account, it had been conducting a 10-month investigation into alleged cases of bribery and corruption in British football.

It said it began its inquiries “after receiving information that specific managers, officials and agents were giving or receiving cash payments to secure player transfers.”

And it has promised to “detail a series of allegations of financial impropriety... which raise serious questions about the governance and influence of money within the game.”

There is a clear public interest justification in knowing that a man employed by the Football Association is offering advice on how to circumvent its rules.

I cannot see how the Telegraph could have obtained the story any other way, so it is compliant with the editors’ code of practice (as overseen by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (Ipso).

It said it began its inquiries “after receiving information that specific managers, officials and agents were giving or receiving cash payments to secure player transfers.”

And it has promised to “detail a series of allegations of financial impropriety... which raise serious questions about the governance and influence of money within the game.”

Allardyce is the FA’s main employee and the recipient of a £3m-a-year salary (plus bonuses) in a job with a unique national profile. In such circumstances, the paper’s undercover operation is wholly defensible.

It was also significant that Allardyce’s agent, Mark Curtis, and his financial adviser, Shane Moloney, were present at a meeting with two Telegraph meetings, which was covertly filmed and recorded.

This was not one of those cases in which a single, naive person was entrapped or taken advantage of. Three adults were involved in the encounter.

Unless anything untoward, and as yet unknown, about the nature of the subterfuge emerges, then it amounts to a worthwhile piece of investigative journalism.

lol lol lol

The best troll face ever seen

zsRjBJ8.gif

Still <3 him because of this. That second laugh when Flores tries to act the hard man. Hahahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back