Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The summer 14 other clubs transfers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Atletico should splash the cash this summer, if they do they could change La Liga forever.

Would certainly help with their Homegrown quota and the experience in the CL would be valuable.

Although I think Clichy also qualfies due to his time at Arsenal and think they would have to pay Cole a lot and they have a wage freeze as part of their FFP sanctions so for once they may not be able to afford him.

Just seen they are interested in Sagna too.

The Cole one is a no brainier, he has zero passion or commitment to any club. He will run up the m25 to join anyone showing enough financial interest, although I did read the RS showed interest too. Sure Brenda knows him well enough from his Stanford Bridge days and Sturridge too?

Just seen they are interested in Sagna too.

The Cole one is a no brainier, he has zero passion or commitment to any club. He will run up the m25 to join anyone showing enough financial interest, although I did read the RS showed interest too. Sure Brenda knows him well enough from his Stanford Bridge days and Sturridge too?
Think he would be a good purchase for Liverpool - they could alternate between him and Enrique at left back and move Flanagan over to rb, getting rid of Johnson & his high wages. Perhaps pick up Micah richards as well. They don't need the english quota like City do but they desperately need players who know how to defend plus lack ones familiar with the CL & can probably afford his ridiculous salary. And as you say he'll have worked with some of the team before and also with Gerrard in the english setup.

The Sagna to city rumours seem very strong.

Think he would be a good purchase for Liverpool - they could alternate between him and Enrique at left back and move Flanagan over to rb, getting rid of Johnson & his high wages. Perhaps pick up Micah richards as well. They don't need the english quota like City do but they desperately need players who know how to defend plus lack ones familiar with the CL & can probably afford his ridiculous salary. And as you say he'll have worked with some of the team before and also with Gerrard in the english setup.

The Sagna to city rumours seem very strong.

Their entire back line needs sacking. The best compliment I can pay is to Flanagan who does actually look decent, Skrtl is a complete liability. Toure the same, and has never been a world class centre back. Agger has shown potential but has been their how long? He should really be looking at being their number 1 CB.

Their entire back line needs sacking. The best compliment I can pay is to Flanagan who does actually look decent, Skrtl is a complete liability. Toure the same, and has never been a world class centre back. Agger has shown potential but has been their how long? He should really be looking at being their number 1 CB.
Flanagan impressed me a lot in the goodison derby - first team debut in such an atmosphere and Iirc played out of position too, most kids would wilt under that tupe of pressure.

But as you say the rest of the back line is weak - Sakko at least so far doesn't look like a 18m defender although it can take time to settle fir a player. Rogers seems to prefer him to Agger though, think the Dane might have to rethink the YNWA tattoo as wouldn't be surprised if he's off in the summer.

Remember seeing a stat about Flanagan with a few weeks of the season left, listing him as by far the most dribbled past player in the league this season mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back