Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The summer 14 other clubs transfers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salaries+agent fees+transfer fees.

Talking about net spend is madness when looking at spurs scattergun signings. Thanks to huge sales in modric and bale this clouds over the enormous amounts paid out in salaries etc.

Selling bale and brining in so many could be breakeven in net spend but not on othercosts.

Spurs mid table. No top forward a big squad and a laughable manager. Should have got de boer.

[QUOTE="Zatara, post: 2874984, member: 9780"]Levy has bucketloads of cash to spend on players. Yes he gets good prices when selling but hes done a fortune on wages and agents fees so has p r obably cost them a fortune.

Kenwright gets top dollar, low wages - but thats for another thread.

Spurs wont do much next season. They still lack a top forward and have too many players to have any unity.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion? We have a net spend of something like £1.5mn a season since ENIC/Levy took charge 13 years ago. We are currently £8mn ahead already this season from Livermore's sale to Hull.

On the second point i would ask - compared to who?[/QUOTE]

Mid table? Fair enough. I'll take your word for it.

How many places will EFC finish above THFC do you think? How do you think both teams will fare in the Europa?

Lamela looked good last night. Admittedly average opposition but nevertheless, promising for next season.

Rather than being a negative as mentioned above, our large squad should benefit us in the Europa.

All depends who comes in by the end of the window for both teams.

Mid table? Fair enough. I'll take your word for it.

How many places will EFC finish above THFC do you think? How do you think both teams will fare in the Europa?

Bit of a strange move for Vorm to make. Even if Lloris is definitely going to PSG in 2015, a year is a long time in football.

Monk's getting a lot of stick but I can sort of understand his thinking. Vorm seems to get injured an awful lot.

never said he wasn't was just on about the two they've swapped for him, plus a measly £5m.

thought isggy was rated at £6m, how low have they valued davies at? £6m, £4.5m???

I think its a fair swap overall, Davies is good but hes no Shaw, Baines, Coleman. Vorm is a good steady keeper perfect for back up, he has flaws and some praticular strengths. Context is important, Taylor who's at Swansea is a very good player, fabianski is unspectacular and not sure id be that enthused by him but hes had periods of being very good - CL, PL expierence. Swansea seem to need cash as well.

Siggy is a match wineer capable of double figures in assists and goals. Id slightly favour Swanseas end of the deal - but then im a big Siggy fan.

I think its a fair swap overall, Davies is good but hes no Shaw, Baines, Coleman. Vorm is a good steady keeper perfect for back up, he has flaws and some praticular strengths. Context is important, Taylor who's at Swansea is a very good player, fabianski is unspectacular and not sure id be that enthused by him but hes had periods of being very good - CL, PL expierence. Swansea seem to need cash as well.

Siggy is a match wineer capable of double figures in assists and goals. Id slightly favour Swanseas end of the deal - but then im a big Siggy fan.

taylor's looked a bit meh since that horror injury tbh. maybe i'm overating davies, but i think for his age, he'll be a star.

i love siggurdson too, just think davies has been undervalued terribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back