Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The summer 14 other clubs transfers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarate will not stay for 3 years LOL.

I give him 10 games at west ham before he implodes

I can see into the future....

January 2015

Ince, 22, is interesting Newcastle and Stoke. The pacy winger has struggled to establish himself at the San Siro after signing in the summer and is said to be open to a loan move with a view to a permanent deal.

Guardian reporting that Spurs are now in advanced talks to get Pochettino.
http://www.theguardian.com/football...tino-advanced-talks-tottenham-hotspur-manager

i still don't know what to make of him. they have a really good squad there, they finished in the exact position they should have been finishing. probably would have finished below newcastle if it weren't for that mini crumble which i would say is underachieving.

he's done a good job, but nothing special, bit of a risk.

i still don't know what to make of him. they have a really good squad there, they finished in the exact position they should have been finishing. probably would have finished below newcastle if it weren't for that mini crumble which i would say is underachieving.

he's done a good job, but nothing special, bit of a risk.
Iirc Southhampton got hit by injuries to their back line just as they were heading into the congested December period and, like us in Jan, didn't really have the squad depth to cover it which saw them drop a lot of points. Think he is a good manager but he has only been in the league two seasons so bit early to tell.

Not sure what Pochettino' plan would be at Saints next season though, lots of clubs seem prepared to offer big money for some of their players and their owner seems ambivalent about what she wants to do with the club. Didn't they get rid of two of their acedemy coaches that were supposed to be responsible for players like Shaw's development?

But could be a case of frying pan and fire moving to Spurs given the way Levy likes to change his managers so risk on both sides.

Iirc Southhampton got hit by injuries to their back line just as they were heading into the congested December period and, like us in Jan, didn't really have the squad depth to cover it which saw them drop a lot of points. Think he is a good manager but he has only been in the league two seasons so bit early to tell.

Not sure what Pochettino' plan would be at Saints next season though, lots of clubs seem prepared to offer big money for some of their players and their owner seems ambivalent about what she wants to do with the club. Didn't they get rid of two of their acedemy coaches that were supposed to be responsible for players like Shaw's development?

But could be a case of frying pan and fire moving to Spurs given the way Levy likes to change his managers so risk on both sides.

I'm not so sure on him I must say. I think he was very fortunate to walk into a club that has produced or bought a lot of good young players previous to his employment. Saying that though I like his tactics and high pressing. Will be interesting to see him and Levy and how they get on.

I'm not so sure on him I must say. I think he was very fortunate to walk into a club that has produced or bought a lot of good young players previous to his employment. Saying that though I like his tactics and high pressing. Will be interesting to see him and Levy and how they get on.
Agree that the academy was a big asset for him but I give him a lot of credit for being brave enough to use it though. Given how short managers careers can be and how variable the performances of kids are (even the very talented like Barkley) it is a big risk for a manager new to the league to have trusted so many youngsters.

I'd like Pochettino to do well, both because of his trust in youth and as you mention his tactics/playing style. Unfortunately I don't really want Spurs to do well as they are one of our major rivals for the lower CL spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back