Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basically every club in the prem bar us is spending big on the basis were all due an increase in TV revenue due to the new TV deal in the up and coming years!.

What is are excuse for not spending more than £8m so far this summer?. And I do truly believe we haven't got anymore money to spend now unless we sell. Someone tried telling me we'd took another loan out from Vibrac to possibly fund are summer transfer dealings but why haven't we spent say, £15m or more, a percentage of the increased income all clubs are due in the coming years, cos of the new TV deal?. Everyone else is, why not us.

I know weve got debts and things to cover, but surely we can afford to spend more than £8m this summer?!.

I'd love to believe that there's still money in the kitty to buy a decent player but I cant see it.

Hill Dicks (solicitors in town) deal with all of the finance for Evertons transfers. People assuming Kenwright has some sort of debit card that he just turns up to clubs with are wrong. All signings work through finance, the deal for Moses had been agreed on for 7million, the finance had been agreed and accepted with the bank the Mourinho told the Chelsea 7 million wasn't enough and they pulled the plug. You have to remember the new tv money is worth 20 million to us. 6 million has been spent on new players probably 4-5 on contracts for these new players. The likes of Cardiff have survived on tiny budgets, they have come into the prem and now have a massive amount of excess cash because most of the players who brought them up are still on relatively small wages. Our course they will appear to outspend us, they have essentially won the lottery while we have been operating on this budget for years. It's like Christmas to them and they have just got a massive bonus off their employer. Without selling we have room for an additional 3 million of wages to be added to the wage bill, which would make sense that we have around 7 million (the Moses money) to spend on a player.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...em-that-reveals-david-moyes-mind-8756011.html

An interesting insight into how everton selected their transfer targets of past, I suspect that this process has stopped given we have raided Wigan.

This is another example of how much more there was to moyes than the "Saha off - Distin on".... "Glad he's gone, Dour Footy" shouts etc that have been ringing out since he left.

For every so called weakness he had, there were 3 strong points about his management and running of our club. And whilst I don't go with the "we're doomed now he's gone" He certainly is gonna be a hard miserable git to replace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back