Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody stupid to spend 6 million pound on an average striker when we have been weak as **** in central midfield for years.

This has actually been nagging at me. Wouldn't a £6 million CM have a greater impact on this particular squad than a £6 million striker? Both positions needed depth, and it seems that a CM in that price range is a better comparative player than a striker.

Bloody stupid to spend 6 million pound on an average striker when we have been weak as **** in central midfield for years.

We were far weaker in attack than in central midfield going in to this transfer window. Kone is a signing I wholeheartedly support.

Imo, RM hasn´t made a bad signing. It´s the size of the kitty that´s subpar, not what it´s been spent on.

We were far weaker in attack than in central midfield going in to this transfer window. Kone is a signing I wholeheartedly support.

Imo, RM hasn´t made a bad signing. It´s the size of the kitty that´s subpar, not what it´s been spent on.

Absolutely agree with this. Supposedly spent 7m and brought in 4 players adding strength to the squad. If it does become the case that was all the money he has available you cant point the finger at him. Jelavic on last season's form was garbage so another striker was a must. Regardless if Kone is the right but is irrelevant because 5-6m for a 10-15 goals a season striker is a pretty cheap price to pay. We are just going to have to wait and see if we can strengthen without selling first and then hope he can wheel and deal late on amd get a loan or 2.

Disagree. It was our midfield 'efforts' of last year that lost us 4th place, it was absolutely horrendous when Gibbo was out and we had to deal with Neville and Osman, leading to about 7 draws in a row or something, and getting hammered by Wigan.

Being unable to sell Fellaini has done us in, because by the time we sell him there will be nobody worth buying. Well, not unless you are after yet another Wigan player that nobody else is interested in.

Stubbs has been raving about Lundstram lately so I'm a little disappointed that he didn't get some game time pre-season like Stones and Barkley has. Maybe he could step up?

Kone scored one goal less than Roony last season and the same number as Giroud , Tevez , Fletcher, Pedolski, Sturridge, Defoe , Mata and Fellaini - so I suppose then they are also all "garbage " The-Golden-Vision

Stubbs has been raving about Lundstram lately so I'm a little disappointed that he didn't get some game time pre-season like Stones and Barkley has. Maybe he could step up?

He's probably a season away from making a real impact. Would love for him to get loaned to a championship club this season where he'll get some serious playing time and responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back