Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Window watch on my sky sports app is saying we are interested in some Australian kid called Brillante, sounds like he could be cheap enough for it to be true.

396px-Joshua_Brilliante_2013.jpg

Brilliant facial hair.

Yeldah.
Can I ask you how we know all of the things you have suggested.

How do we know Utd want Jelavic, that a deal is being discussed or that the player wants to leave ?

How do we know that Martinez wants more central midfielders ? We are all(myself included) assuming that Martinez wants McCarthy in and possibly Fellaini out.
Is it not possible Martinez thinks Fellaini is a great player and wants to keep him in the middle of his team ?

You said Barca would be picking up his wages, they won't be & yes we did pay the bulk of Jo's wages.

What im saying is, is why cant deals be struck where the parent club pays the players full wages?. Were no doubt paying about 50% but even if it was full whack, I cant see him being on much, £10K a week possibly?.

Teams in Spain don't just give out top wages to any old player, you have to make it with them first before they think your deserving of a really good wage. It isn't like in England where you have a good couple of games and every fcuker thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread and then offer them the world!.

And we may of payed half of Jo's wages cos I can bet he was on good money at City at the time, atleast 70, 80 grand a week?!.

OK; so apart from the Twitter shyte, we have it, seems, an impasse at the minute.

We have Martinez, who knows that we are desperately short in central midfield and would love to purchase at least two players in that position.

HOWEVER, then we have the Board, who are a bunch of spineless, greedy, corrupt sh*thouses, who will not put a penny into the team, and thus, because we have no money, Martinez cannot buy his midfielders.

So, Martinez reacts to the supporters by saying that he is happy with what he has, and no more players are necessary; this is essentially a lie, because he knows that a central midfield of Heitinga and Osman will mean defeat in every match they start.

So, in essence, we wait, for Moyes to give us a transfer budget, so that we can react; it's an utter disgrace...:@

Edited it for you

Honestly, I would love for Martinez to give Stones a shot at playing in front of the back 4...I doubt if Martinez will play him there though...

...............Howard...................
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
..............Stones............
.............Fellaini Barkley........
.....Mirallas ...........Pienaar.....
..............Jelavic.....................

Stones has the pace and the pass, he can tackle, and seems like an intelligent lad as well, all the attributes...he is raw, and would need to perfect the nuances, but surely our own Lee Carsley can come and give him some pointers...Stones is the answer if the Board won't sanction the money for Martinez to go out and buy an enforcer...

I am but an amateur, so if you pick holes in my arguement, please do so gently...
Was mulling that possibility over earlier tbh. I think Stones looks a very intelligent player who can adapt. I'd still rather we start with Fellaini maybe partnering Pienaar and see what those two conjure up. And leave Osman back at Finch Farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back