Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the fact that we had to rely on a midfielder to score 12 goals by playing up front sorta proves our striking options are crap ?

Just using common sense.

Fellaini was playing the second striker role last season, to argue otherwise is nonsense. It's Fellaini's best position as well, it's not something you have to resort to, it's just getting the best out of Fellaini.

Fellaini was playing the second striker role last season, to argue otherwise is nonsense. It's Fellaini's best position as well, it's not something you have to resort to, it's just getting the best out of Fellaini.

If he's a second striker he's up front. And no, it's not his best position.

But all that's irrelevant. We were playing a guy who has said he prefers playing in midfield, and is a midfielder, up front because our strikers couldn't score. That position was clearly our weakest part of the pitch with a full strength squad.

But all that's irrelevant. We were playing a guy who has said he prefers playing in midfield, and is a midfielder, up front because our strikers couldn't score. That position was clearly our weakest part of the pitch with a full strength squad.

Yep. We needed Fellaini up front last season really, regardless of where he plays best.

My point being that our strikers scored far more than 14 between them last season, and that it's ridiculous to not consider Fellaini as being one, as if he is only ever a midfielder who masqueraded as a striker in his most successful season to date, playing as a striker.

My point being that our strikers scored far more than 14 between them last season, and that it's ridiculous to not consider Fellaini as being one, as if he is only ever a midfielder who masqueraded as a striker in his most successful season to date, playing as a striker.

Fellaini played in the "Cahill" role last season I thought, playing between the midfielders and the striker, so I suppose it depends on what you class as a striker but some of his goals last season were proper striker goals.

the interesting point is that no matter where they played both Fellaini and Kone scored the same number of goals last season -
some of us want 30 mil for Fellaini but some of us think 6mil for Kone is a waste of money - strange indeed

The reason we needed a midfielder last season was because our best midfielder was played as a striker. With Jelavic back to form, without Fellaini getting in his way, and competition up front with the arrival of Kone, Fellaini can play in midfield and the team benefits.

I'm not sure I could take another season of osman losing possession and looking stupidly at the referee every time he gets robbed.

Kone scored one goal less than Roony last season and the same number as Giroud , Tevez , Fletcher, Pedolski, Sturridge, Defoe , Mata and Fellaini - so I suppose then they are also all "garbage " The-Golden-Vision

Are you really comparing Kone with the likes of Rooney and Tevez? Come on mate.

13 goals last season. How the [Poor language removed] is that garbage ?

I bet they said the same about Beattie (and he was definitely garbage).

I would absolutely love to be proved wrong Brenn, just can't see it.

There's more players coming in, teams like us have to do our transfer business at the very end of the window in order to get the better quality players at more affordable prices. Patience lids, we're gonna get some boss players in.
*I'm not ITK in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back