Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody stupid to spend 6 million pound on an average striker when we have been weak as **** in central midfield for years.

Didn't have much of a choice based on Jelavic's form last yr. No arguments here though, please get some midfielders in!!!

What has surprised me is that no one has been shipped out, or that we haven't made bigger plays for players off contract.

My theory (based on nothing) - There is still some money to spend but not a lot. Felli's release clause hasn't actually expired yet and until it does Martinez is reluctant to move as his requirements might change.

In the USA, Rob Elstone spoke about how most deals aren't done until the last day of the transfer window (which we are notorious for) Clubs are probably more open to loaning players out as they sure up their own rosters.. I.e we could go back for the boy from Juve.. etc..

Gueye will go but based on Osman's form or lack there of, Heitinga stays.

As we have 4 must win matches before September 2, it would have been nice to see at least one midfielder in.

I thought heitinga played well against betis, I think a midfield of him a Gibson. Would be ok, If we can't get anymore cm in

As a club, I don't think we can affford to lose player on free transfer in particular international like Heitinga.

Martinez had a record of letting players left on free when he was at Wigan. Not a good sign.

You really must be a ray of sunshine to be around fella. FFS

Change the record, it's getting a little monotonous.

What's wrong with that? Why would he go for Sakho when all his old friends at Wigan are available. If Fellaini leaves it is likely we will blow the fee on McCarthy. That is the way it is.

What's wrong with that? Why would he go for Sakho when all his old friends at Wigan are available. If Fellaini leaves it is likely we will blow the fee on McCarthy. That is the way it is.

If you honestly believe that he would sign Gary Caldwell you need your head testing mate. He has bought in 4 players to bulk out the squad who all have something they can offer the first team this season, and if he does sign McCarthy that's a little different to bringing Caldwell in.

Read on Daily Mail (I'm Australian, so I dunno the reputation) but Blackburn looking to off Scott Dann. Be a handy pick up I believe, Arsenal wanted him before he went to Blackburn yeah?? Cut price and they want his wage off the books, so loan with a look to buy maybe?

As a club, I don't think we can affford to lose player on free transfer in particular international like Heitinga.

Martinez had a record of letting players left on free when he was at Wigan. Not a good sign.

I think that may have been cause wigan couldn't afford the higher wages, surely if heitinga was playing he would want to stay

If you honestly believe that he would sign Gary Caldwell you need your head testing mate. He has bought in 4 players to bulk out the squad who all have something they can offer the first team this season, and if he does sign McCarthy that's a little different to bringing Caldwell in.

He tends to bring in players he trusts. I am not surprised he trusts his former captain of his old team. Hey and I don't want any of them. I just think he will bring more Wigan players in when we have about 1/2 days to spend the fee (i.e Man Utd will make a bid for our best players on 30/8 and got accepted).

I think that may have been cause wigan couldn't afford the higher wages, surely if heitinga was playing he would want to stay

It's not just like we want him to stay. He has to sign a new contract now because we can't let him walk for free next summer.

He tends to bring in players he trusts. I am not surprised he trusts his former captain of his old team. Hey and I don't want any of them. I just think he will bring more Wigan players in when we have about 1/2 days to spend the fee (i.e Man Utd will make a bid for our best players on 30/8 and got accepted).

It's sad but true. The ginger one will panic buy at least Fellaini with days to go. The money will disappear into an abyss and the club will leak stories into the media they are furious with Moyes' behaviour to defect criticism from themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back