Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone sacrifice both baines and Felli for the return of Rooney?

If Board could wrap up a wage package based on both Felli and Baines current package?

Baines 65k?
Felli 75k?

Rooney gets 145k per week. I think he'd come back for that type of money!

Personally I'd do it.

Pffft, not both no. Now cards on the table time, i would solely for Fellaini, IF both clubs and players were up for it, definitely, and IF, and it's a big IF, Rooney would take a decent sized pay cut?!.

Pffft, not both no. Now cards on the table time, i would solely for Fellaini, IF both clubs and players were up for it, definitely, and IF, and it's a big IF, Rooney would take a decent sized pay cut?!.

With Rooney in the side we'd have every chance of CL football IMO. Providing he stays fit.

Baines is ace and won't be replaced but the return of Rooney beats keeping Baines for me.

Once a blue...

If we added no other players and no one went out - would everyone be happy with the squad for the season?

I'd be happy with squad but I can't see us being competitive due to the way we will be playing. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see the players we have being good enough to play as they will be expected, I'm just not seeing it working out and I'm not sure Martinez will deviate from his set plan even if it all goes Pete tong.

Beattie wasn't garbage. Moyes tried to turn him into the kind of striker he wasn't. I'm afraid the the blame for the failure of many strikers at Everton over the last ten years must be laid firmly at Moyes' door.

Beattie was a club footed donkey. We could have had Mourinho in charge and he still would've been gash.

Fellaini is our highest paid player on 75k a week.

Wayne Rooney is on 250k a week at United.

Please stop.

It's a pipe dream I know. But would lift the club massively if he returned. I personally think he'd take a pay cut to come back here. 150k a week he'd be back. Agree this is very very unlikely to happen, however they presumebly want two of our players and Rooney wants out!

Commercially the return of Rooney is likely to boost revenue.

If Board could wrap up a wage package based on both Felli and Baines current package?

Baines 65k?
Felli 75k?

Personally I'd do it.

I wouldn't. I would love to see Rooney back at the club, but the only way we could get him is if he ran down his contract.

If Felli and Baines were sold I would like to see it invested in 1 (or 2 if Heitinga goes) new CB's, a battling midfielder who's can sit in front of the back line and dictate the play, and a new wide left.

For the money we could get for the pair we could easily get 3 replacements and maybe some left for the banks.

What's the general thought with Fellini, has he played well in preseason? Personally I think he will be targeted a lot more this season.

With Rooney in the side we'd have every chance of CL football IMO. Providing he stays fit.

Baines is ace and won't be replaced but the return of Rooney beats keeping Baines for me.

Once a blue...

Maybe if he came into the current squad, Baines and Fellaini included, but we'd be a weaker team if we sacrificed them for him.

Also as others have said £250k a week, its a pipe dream

People seem to think Rooney would take a pay rise to "come home", this is the same Rooney that withdrew his transfer request after United agreed to give him a pay rise.

Money dollar bills yo.

Just wondering if the people who said they would be satisfied with what we have at the minute without anymore additions to the squad or anyone leaving who is going to cover centre mid in Times of Gibson been injured or fellaini not available

Well if we sold Fellaini to fund a new CM I don't see how we are any better off as it pertains to your question of "cover." There is no guarantee Felli becomes two CM. How are we going to cover centre mid in Times of Gibson being injured or (McCarthy) not available?

It's just a sense of practicality you have to have because (based on the last decade) the other option: retain Baines and Fellaini and buy some other new players ... well that's not going to happen.

Come to think of it there is literally NO realistic transfer scenario I can see playing out which results in me being happy.

Losing Baines = misery.

Losing Fellaini = I'm not happy but I'll give the new lad(s) a chance obviously.

Losing both = Miserable, enraged and rampagey.

Retaining both and getting nobody new = unhappy that we can't strengthen our squad but pleased we aren't weakening it ... neutral.

Luckily I can be optimistic and look forward to the new season without the promise of a huge number of new signings ... I've had a lot of practice over the last decade or so.

Have to agree with this. when I saw the line up on sunday vs Betis, I felt that was are best side from what was available to us and even though we'd spent 7, 8 million, we hadn't improved the first 11!.

People on here keep saying, 'yeah Swansea have out spent us and bought this and that, but they wont finish above us, they wont get near us!', but I think that's bollox, there a better team than you think and over the past 2 years have made some really good signings!. The likes of Vorm, Flores, Amat, de Guzman, Ki, Hernandez, Michu, Canas, Pozuelo (sp), Bony, even Shelvey will turn out decent for them IMO. then they've got the emergence of Ben Davies, Dyer aint a bad little player, They'll surprise a few people this season I think IF they get one more striker in like there after?!.

Personally, i dont believe it was our first 11 that was the problem last year. The problem was having such a weak squad we were forced to play the likes of Neville, Gueye, Neville, Vellios, Hitzlsperger. As well as a severely out of form Heitinga and Jelavic and oh yeah Neville. While i would love to see us add a quality CM i do believe our starting 11 is good enough to make a top 4 run if things go right. Our biggest need was a deeper squad this offseason and holding onto MF and Baines.

Whoever thinks Rooney would take any pay cut to play for everton must be smoking some strong stuff.

Unbelievably naive.

Baines 65k?
Felli 75k?

Personally I'd do it.

Jesus. Massive no. He's not that good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back