Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't heard of Altidore, Mannone or Giaccherini? The latter of whom will be boss, by the way.

Admittedly at hull where he was gash was the only time I've paid him attention, shed loads in Dutch land I believe, manonne being gash at arsenal, the third lid I've never seen or heard a lot about has a few caps for Italia I believe.

Like I say will be intriguing!

Admittedly at hull where he was gash was the only time I've paid him attention, shed loads in Dutch land I believe, manonne being gash at arsenal, the third lid I've never seen or heard a lot about has a few caps for Italia I believe.

Like I say will be intriguing!

Even if the players are any good, there's always the very good chance they will self implode with Di Canio in charge.

Everton and Liverpool target Toby Alderweireld seems set to join Spartak Moscow from Ajax. (Source: The Times)

I still believe we have a good chance of signing him. A trade offer with Heitinga and some dosh, maybe that's was the offer Ajax wanted to discuss? I know nothing, but I sure as hell can hope.

We desperately need a new defender in our aging defence. I'm not too concerned with our midfield. It was, in my opinion, why we managed 6th last season. Our defence wasn't the best and we didn't have a proper goalscorer. Now, Jelavic suddenly looks alive again and Koné is an option. Howard has been solid aswell. But has our defence improved? Not at all.

New defender/-s now, and a midfielder on loan because Gibson is injured. Nothing more should be added.

I still believe we have a good chance of signing him. A trade offer with Heitinga and some dosh, maybe that's was the offer Ajax wanted to discuss? I know nothing, but I sure as hell can hope.

We desperately need a new defender in our aging defence. I'm not too concerned with our midfield. It was, in my opinion, why we managed 6th last season. Our defence wasn't the best and we didn't have a proper goalscorer. Now, Jelavic suddenly looks alive again and Koné is an option. Howard has been solid aswell. But has our defence improved? Not at all.

New defender/-s now, and a midfielder on loan because Gibson is injured. Nothing more should be added.

Haha stop hoping its not going to happen.

I agree.

*Joel at least has some future as our backup 'keeper.
*Stones and Oviedo look like giving us genuine cover at fullback.
*Heitinga is looking interested again, if he's staying.
*Naismith can be considered a genuine option this year.
*Barkley is rough around the edges but he won't develop if he doesn't play.
*Deulofeu is by far a better wide alternative than Gueye.
*Jelavic is back!
*Kone and Alcaraz give us greater strength in depth in their respective positions.

If you compare Osman/Fellaini/Gibson to Gomez/McCarthy/Maloney we have power but they're much more mobile and comfortable on the ball. Our central midfield is going to need to evolve but Martinez will have to either spend money or find a diamond to make that happen and it could take some time to settle on the best option. Overall we're pretty strong though.

Jumping the gun slightly?

Hope he is, mind.

You haven't heard of Altidore, Mannone or Giaccherini? The latter of whom will be boss, by the way.

And what about Cabral they signed off of Basel, he's decent, and Modibo Diakite from Lazio, powerhouse CB. And apparently there close to signing Cissokho off of Valencia aswell?! That would be great business by them. Giaccherini is a top buy, I agree with you there!.

Would anyone sacrifice both baines and Felli for the return of Rooney?

If Board could wrap up a wage package based on both Felli and Baines current package?

Baines 65k?
Felli 75k?

Rooney gets 145k per week. I think he'd come back for that type of money!

Personally I'd do it.

Spurs are now far superior. Swansea have improved.
The ****e will surely be spending soon and approving.
While we spent £7 Million and not really improved out starting 11.

Have to agree with this. when I saw the line up on sunday vs Betis, I felt that was are best side from what was available to us and even though we'd spent 7, 8 million, we hadn't improved the first 11!.

People on here keep saying, 'yeah Swansea have out spent us and bought this and that, but they wont finish above us, they wont get near us!', but I think that's bollox, there a better team than you think and over the past 2 years have made some really good signings!. The likes of Vorm, Flores, Amat, de Guzman, Ki, Hernandez, Michu, Canas, Pozuelo (sp), Bony, even Shelvey will turn out decent for them IMO. then they've got the emergence of Ben Davies, Dyer aint a bad little player, They'll surprise a few people this season I think IF they get one more striker in like there after?!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back