Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like Moyes wants a creative (Fabregas, Modric) midfielder at United. If Real sign Bale they might try and balance the books by letting Luca go.

If they can't sign anyone they might look at Felli as a fallback, so they're not going to want to pay more for him than they were prepared to pay for their main targets.

Maybe the interest in Fellaini has all been paper talk? CL teams increasingly want to win by playing attractive football and he doesn't exactly fit the mould. He's coming into his prime now so, if a big offer doesn't come along soon, maybe it never will. Perhaps Kenwright realises this and that's why he was flaunting his availability at Martinez's unveiling.

He's a decent player but he's not £20-£25m worth of player to us. For that we'd expect a real world-beater. It's strange to be hoping that an offer does come in for one of our better players but we could buy three good players with that money and he might even be a hinderence to Martinez's quick-passing philosophy.

Stevie Me was saying today he's been talking to Rooney about his situation at man utd. Gerrard once turned down more money at Chelsea to stay at Liverpool.

juuuuuuust sayin'

Does anyone believe there´s any dosh left in the kitty and if so, how much?

Personally I think there´s about 6 mil left. I could be a naive idiot though.

Personally, i dont believe it was our first 11 that was the problem last year. The problem was having such a weak squad we were forced to play the likes of Neville, Gueye, Neville, Vellios, Hitzlsperger. As well as a severely out of form Heitinga and Jelavic and oh yeah Neville. While i would love to see us add a quality CM i do believe our starting 11 is good enough to make a top 4 run if things go right. Our biggest need was a deeper squad this offseason and holding onto MF and Baines.

I think Jelavic and Fellaini scored 3 league goals between them in the second half of the season. That was one of the big problems for me. Surprisingly we still won a fair amount of those games though. Between 25 August and the Tottenham game on 9 December we only managed 3 wins in 13 (Swansea, Southampton and Sunderland). Sloppy defending was mostly to blame and Heitinga featured in quite a few of those games!

Gerrard was simply having a public pop at Utd and Moyes....cheap Liverpool ****.

He is redsh!te scum and the thought of us getting Rooney is outrageous, so you're probably right. I think we still have a decent chunk in the kitty though, enough for 2 decent players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back