Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton To Tell United They Want £30million For Fellaini

SetWidth638-Fellaini-22millreleaseclause.jpg

Everton are set to demand £30million from Manchester United for the transfer of Marouane Fellaini, according to talkSport.

United manager David Moyes has been eyeing up a move for his former player and is still awaiting the first big transfer of the summer with the new Premier League season quickly approaching.

According to talkSport, Moyes will now focus on landing the Belgian midfielder but will be told by his former club that he will have to pay double what he did to break Everton’s transfer fee record in 2008.

The 25-year-old midfielder had been available at £22million last month because of a release clause in his contract, the article reports, but with that expired Manchester United will have to up their offer.

The Belgian international turned down a deal to join Manchester United in 2008 but is now keen to join up with Moyes once again with first team football almost guaranteed at the Premier League champions.

If only real life was talksport!

Everton are set to demand £30million from Manchester United for the transfer of Marouane Fellaini, according to talkSport.

United manager David Moyes has been eyeing up a move for his former player and is still awaiting the first big transfer of the summer with the new Premier League season quickly approaching.

According to talkSport, Moyes will now focus on landing the Belgian midfielder but will be told by his former club that he will have to pay double what he did to break Everton’s transfer fee record in 2008.

The 25-year-old midfielder had been available at £22million last month because of a release clause in his contract, the article reports, but with that expired Manchester United will have to up their offer.

The Belgian international turned down a deal to join Manchester United in 2008 but is now keen to join up with Moyes once again with first team football almost guaranteed at the Premier League champions.

I wish this was real. Sadly 've resigned myself that we will sell him under his value. Would be okay with 27 and over but know it want him above 24

The notion Moyes, who already made one of the most ridiculous offers of all time for Baines, will casually pay us 30m for Fellaini when he could've got him for 23m 2 weeks ago :lol:

Moyes knew better than anyone what Fellaini's release clause, he's deliberately let it expire in order to knock down the price - expect a bid of 20m any day now and I'm afraid if that does come in it'll be a brave man to tell Fellaini he has to stay. I can see us selling I'm afraid. He's not worth 30m when Man Utd are bidding that for Fabregas and Chelsea the same for Rooney

The notion Moyes, who already made one of the most ridiculous offers of all time for Baines, will casually pay us 30m for Fellaini when he could've got him for 23m 2 weeks ago :lol:

Moyes knew better than anyone what Fellaini's release clause, he's deliberately let it expire in order to knock down the price - expect a bid of 20m any day now and I'm afraid if that does come in it'll be a brave man to tell Fellaini he has to stay. I can see us selling I'm afraid. He's not worth 30m when Man Utd are bidding that for Fabregas and Chelsea the same for Rooney

Am I the only one thinking that Man United's 'apology' to Everton for the way they handled the approach and announcement of Moyes was a pre-requisite for the raid they're about to relaunch? EFC have probably been a bit punchy with Moyes and United over the Baines bid, and this apology is a rather flimsy attempt to clear the air.

£25mil is the figure I have in mind for Fellaini and I'd be content to let him go for that, preferably not to United though. As for this infamous clause in his contract, where is the source to confirm it has in fact expired, as I've heard an endless list of expiry dates, one of which is today the 14th?

I don't get this mate.

We've signed 4 players and lost nobody of note.

Surely better than say last summer?

I think it became easier to paper over the cracks in terms of lack of investment once the squad reached a point where it was filled almost entirely with Moyes' players (from, let's say, around 2006/07). They all bought into his way of doing things, and even during the roughest patches there was always a calmness about the club. Everyone knew that if worst came to it, the players would end up digging in and grinding their way out of trouble.

My worry is that it's going to be more difficult under Martinez because these aren't his players and most of them aren't suited to fast, incisive football. Everton have several very good footballers and are now quite adept at retaining possession in non-dangerous areas, but as soon as they reach the final third and run into solid banks of defenders they run out of ideas; there's no real intelligent movement up top and none of the midfielders have an eye for a killer pass.

Moyes was happy to rely on the option of hitting Fellaini's chest to open things up, but that isn't Martinez's style. He seems far more likely to keep encouraging the team to play their way through, even when it's clearly not working.

I do like the idea of Martinez and I certainly admire his beliefs on how the game should be played, but I think he needs proper backing if he's to pull this off. A sitting midfielder to rotate with Gibson and someone with a bit of craft and guile behind the striker would put my mind at ease. At the moment I have visions of opposition players harrying Everton's centre backs and midfielders (mainly Osman) into mistakes.

To cut a long post short, I don't think enough has been done to give the team a chance of adjusting to the new style without slipping down the table.

I think it became easier to paper over the cracks in terms of lack of investment once the squad reached a point where it was filled almost entirely with Moyes' players (from, let's say, around 2006/07). They all bought into his way of doing things, and even during the roughest patches there was always a calmness about the club. Everyone knew that if worst came to it, the players would end up digging in and grinding their way out of trouble.

My worry is that it's going to be more difficult under Martinez because these aren't his players and most of them aren't suited to fast, incisive football. Everton have several very good footballers and are now quite adept at retaining possession in non-dangerous areas, but as soon as they reach the final third and run into solid banks of defenders they run out of ideas; there's no real intelligent movement up top and none of the midfielders have an eye for a killer pass.

Moyes was happy to rely on the option of hitting Fellaini's chest to open things up, but that isn't Martinez's style. He seems far more likely to keep encouraging the team to play their way through, even when it's clearly not working.

I do like the idea of Martinez and I certainly admire his beliefs on how the game should be played, but I think he needs proper backing if he's to pull this off. A sitting midfielder to rotate with Gibson and someone with a bit of craft and guile behind the striker would put my mind at ease. At the moment I have visions of opposition players harrying Everton's centre backs and midfielders (mainly Osman) into mistakes.

To cut a long post short, I don't think enough has been done to give the team a chance of adjusting to the new style without slipping down the table.

Excellent post, m8. Totally agree

Norwich is going to be exactly what you described, they're going to press us, not give us any time on the ball, just as Betis did at the weekend and look how poorly them made us play; we were awful and should've lost. Chris Hughton was in the stands to watch that, you can imagine what he was thinking. As fans this manager is going to test our patience more so than any manager has done before

If that's true, then surely it's very likely to be accepted given that their media was reporting a week ago that Juve were 'encouraging us to bid'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back