Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a bit like Rodwell - all hype and youthful potential, but very little substance there. People fool themselves and see what they want to see. I remember when Rodwell had a couple of games for England, abd people on here were saying he'd played 'brilliantly'. He had actually been very average.

I'd say somewhere in the middle. £8m would please me.

If he had a fancy latin name half the moaners would be wanting us to sign him.

This.

Some people don't seem to understand that being a very experienced and reliable Prem standard CM who never gets injured and is only 22 years of age makes a player pretty valuable. The only criticisms you can really level at him is that he's not adventurous enough and doesn't get stuck in consistently, something which can certainly be coached.

Alright lads, has anyone heard anything about this James McCarthy who plays for Wigan - heard a rumour we might be interested in him

Disappoints me knowing that players such as Gueye, Hibbert and Naismith will get playing time this season and that Osman will probably be the first name on the teamsheet :(

Why are folks so hung up on the price , it's wether he'd be good for the team. If the board will pay the fee,RM wants the player and in turn he wants to join , then happy days. Not buying him because folks think he's say three million over price when we don't know the finances is a bit stupid. All very well saying we could buy someone for cheaper ,but if that player isn't interested re Honda then your back to the start.

At 22,would fully expect not to lose money in the long run if we go to sell him in four years time and he's played roughly fifty internationals and he's still only 26,hard to see how we'd lose I reckon
Time to trust the manager IMO .

8m is enough for him,It would be disgracefull if we brought him for more. He's a good player but he doesn't really offer much he's like Gibson so I don't want to be wasting 10m plus on him . Just watched a few videos of him and he's good at breaking up play and calm on the ball but all he seems to do is pick a simple 10 yard pass either sideways or backwards so with our defense learning to pass it out from the back we don't want to be doing that because it will be adding pressure on us . We need someone who can pick the ball up from defense and get it forward as quick as possible not just hold the play until a few players are about to pass to . In my opinion we could do with a player in the mould of montilvo who plays for milan

Priorities for me this window is to get Heitinga out the club and find an adventurous CM if there's decent money available. If not give some young players a chance.

McCarthy is quite similar to Gibson but not as good and we don't need two of those types in the first 11 and we don't need 8-10m pound subs either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back