Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibson can only play about 20 games per season guys. 8m for McCarthy would get us a 40 game a season player for 10 years. It's nothing in the long run.

If thats the case we should be looking to move him on. You can't build a side knowing players in pivotal positions will never be right.

CM is still the most important position in the PL and we need fully fit partnerships that know each other and can be relied on.

I think Gibson will put his injuries behind him at some point but if that weren't the case we'd be silly to persevere.

If thats the case we should be looking to move him on. You can't build a side knowing players in pivotal positions will never be right.

CM is still the most important position in the PL and we need fully fit partnerships that know each other and can be relied on.

I think Gibson will put his injuries behind him at some point but if that weren't the case we'd be silly to persevere.

Of all our players, I think we miss Gibson most when he's out. Cover for him is desperately needed imo.

If we don't shunt Heitinga out in this window he'll walk for free next year. It's important we get a fee for him. Seems like we're keen on Alderweireld to replace him but, while he looks a good defender, the group of Jags, Distin, Stones, Alcaraz and Duffy suggest we wouldn't be in urgent need of another CB. In an ideal world, of course, a defender with good distribution would be a bonus.

I don't agree Gibson's any better than McCarthy, rather that they're pretty much on a level. But I do agree that he'd basically offer the same qualities, albeit with a better fitness record. As you say, having them both in the same starting eleven might not work, and we don't have the luxury of spending a big (for us) fee on a role that's adequately filled.

From the little I'd seen of Fer I always thought he was the kind of strong, mobile box-to-box midfielder we'd need. Especially if Fellaini goes.

If we were to be pig headed in trying to get a fee for him there's a good chance we wouldn't get rid. That alone would cost us 3.25m and I bet there's other bonuses due at the end of the contract.

Jag and Disty have played virtually every minute of pre season and Bob looks like he fancies Stones too. I can't see Heitinga playing TBH so we'd be better off letting him go free and saving the wages.

I don't want us to sign another CB either. We've got no need for one.

Why on earth should we move him on? He´s one of our most influential players and never has a bad game.

Of all our players, I think we miss Gibson most when he's out. Cover for him is desperately needed imo.

I like him too. We should be looking to play around 50 games a season if we get into Europe. If it was true he's fit for 20 of them thats 60% he misses.

Why on earth should we move him on? He´s one of our most influential players and never has a bad game.

I don't think we should I think he brilliant. I also think he'll get his fitness right soon enough. But if it looks like he can't we'd be foolish to keep on with him.

I'd be gutted if we had money to spend and blew double figures million on McCarthy. Imagine Everton spending the best part of £20m on relegated Wigan players. Good cases could be made for the other three, but this would be way too far, imo. We could get considerably better players for much less. I don't really believe he'll do it if I'm being honest, but still, "global market" ffs. Why say that and then buy half of Wigan's squad? Let's hope he's got better targets in mind.

Dont see a single problem with the three hes brought in so far from them, a cb on a free who adds cover, a young keeper with prem experience who can finally push howard, and when pushed he plays better (see after mucha played a couple of good games last year for evidence of that with howards form afterwards) and kone whilst not perfect is someone who tore us a new one last year, and 6m for a forward who is nothing these days really.

If he does get McCarthy it all depends on the price like a few here have said before, 8m or lower and its good business over 10m its overpriced. Really dont see the problem that so many have here with him tbh, hes young, got a good engine, good touch and neat on the ball, and in a position we are crying out for having the choice of Gibson, felii and mccarthy fills me with a lot more hope than having the choice of gibson felli and osman/neville/Hitz did last year or Osman/heitenga does this

I'd say somewhere in the middle. £8m would please me.

If he had a fancy latin name half the moaners would be wanting us to sign him.

Correct, £8m is still a big price, but i resigned myself to signing mediocre players when Martinez was appointed.

Would love nothing better than to be proved wrong.

Darren Anderton was one of spurs best players too mate, problem is like with gibson if hes always ****ing injured and central to the way the team plays, then for half a season your not able to play the way you want to ;/ need to get another in who can do the same or similar job to him and who hasnt got any persistent injury probs imo (and keep gibson too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back