Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete shambles to come through this transfer window and not have improved the starting XI in any way whatsoever.

So disappointing so far.

I'd understand if we had won the league at a canter last season, but to see virtually every single side improve their first XIs this summer and have us just add to the squad almost is admitting defeat imo. 8th or 9th for us this season I think.

No, there is genuine reason and sense behind concerns, which the majority of posters are happy to explain but then is read by many as "Blah, blah, blah, I hate Martinez, we're getting relegated, blah, I support Moyes, not everton blah blah".

And then you get posts like the above. It's mind numbingly ignorant and it's tedious in the extreme.

My post?

From Sky Sports Website Transfer Centre:

According to reports in France, Paris St Germain midfielder Mohamed Sissoko is trying to get his contract cancelled so that he can be transferred. The Mali international, who has just one year remaining on his current deal, spent time on loan at Fiorentina last season and has been linked to the likes of Everton, QPR, Olympiakos and Besiktas.
by Lewis Rutledge 12:44 PM

Complete shambles to come through this transfer window and not have improved the starting XI in any way whatsoever.

So disappointing so far.

I'd understand if we had won the league at a canter last season, but to see virtually every single side improve their first XIs this summer and have us just add to the squad almost is admitting defeat imo. 8th or 9th for us this season I think.

Can see where you're coming from like but I think it was always gonna be that way unless we sold as we have a very good starting eleven so improving it would require a player who'd cost good money.

Obviously I'd rather the tits running the club done one and someone came in and gave us money to spend but in the circumstances the likes of Barkley and Stones may push on this year and help improve the starting eleven. Coleman will be one year acer and the likes of Kone, Alcaraz and Robles should provide feasible competition to those already in their position.

Could have been far worse. Watch us sell Fellaini and Baines now like.

While accusing supporters of wanting Martinez and the team to fail and only wanting to come on the internet and say "I told you so" is exactly what I'm talking about, I don't know a lot about D410's stance on Martinez, so not entirely.

Phrases like " Moyes cult" and "innate pessimism" when speaking about reasonable opinions are more examples of the kind of utter garbage that cause sound discussions to break down.

No, there is genuine reason and sense behind concerns, which the majority of posters are happy to explain but then is read by many as "Blah, blah, blah, I hate Martinez, we're getting relegated, blah, I support Moyes, not everton blah blah".

And then you get posts like the above. It's mind numbingly ignorant and it's tedious in the extreme.

I wasn't actually referencing any of your posts which for the majority fall into the pretty interesting although often contrary to my own thoughts, im referring to a certain element who undeniably post anti martinez or pro moyes posts usually with a sub text of doom and gloom. Fair play if you want to start throwing insults out at me though its your viewpoint

While accusing supporters of wanting Martinez and the team to fail and only wanting to come on the internet and say "I told you so" is exactly what I'm talking about, I don't know a lot about D410's stance on Martinez, so not entirely.

Phrases like " Moyes cult" and "innate pessimism" when speaking about reasonable opinions are more examples of the kind of utter garbage that cause sound discussions to break down.

I am completely justified in thinking that of D410.

I read this and thought it was strange. If he has money, does he feel we have adequate provision at CM then as we surely need one?

He probably does have money, but not enough to buy who he wants

The details of the Kone deal were laid out the other day by someone I trust...honestly If people really had an idea how that went down then you would understand our cashflow sitaution right now in terms trying to do deals. Loan money is all we have and the agents know it.

How can you state that as fact & therefore label him a liar? What evidence have you got to back that up like?

Or is it just your opinion?

HE said he has cash

I say he has cash but only for a loan deal nothing more.....the fans think in most cases that he can make a perm deal happen becuase he has the cash......well unless clubs start accepting everton players instead of money down then we will struggle unless we unloadd more players of the books via PERM OUT,S or Loan OUTS-> the fees have to be large enough to oil our wheels.

So your saying their is not a section of our fans who by and large have never known anything but Moyes at us who don't put him up on a pedestal, and their isn't a large section of Evertonians who aren't innately pessimistic? Call it garbage all you want mate, if you truly believe their isn't then i don't know how you've missed the many many posts reflecting this on here

So disappointing so far.

If we keep hold of Baines and Fellaini having ridden ourselves of Neville, Hitzlsperger and Mucha and replaced them with Kone, Alcarez, Robles and Deulofeu, I cant see how it's not improving the starting 11. Maybe in relation to how those who finished in and around us last season have added to their squad it's not an improvement, but that's more debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back