Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont see a single problem with the three hes brought in so far from them, a cb on a free who adds cover, a young keeper with prem experience who can finally push howard, and when pushed he plays better (see after mucha played a couple of good games last year for evidence of that with howards form afterwards) and kone whilst not perfect is someone who tore us a new one last year, and 6m for a forward who is nothing these days really.

If he does get McCarthy it all depends on the price like a few here have said before, 8m or lower and its good business over 10m its overpriced. Really dont see the problem that so many have here with him tbh, hes young, got a good engine, good touch and neat on the ball, and in a position we are crying out for having the choice of Gibson, felii and mccarthy fills me with a lot more hope than having the choice of gibson felli and osman/neville/Hitz did last year or Osman/heitenga does this

Oh you've done it now..... You can't just come on here and speak sense you know.....

#prayforbluestevon

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wont-splash-cash-sake-it-5730692

1. He has protected the board by saying we have cash....he has like for a loan and no more.
2. He is also protecting himslef by saying that if the results don,t work out then he should,nt have to go out and spend to fix it.

We all know we needed a CM in the middle of park at least....hmmmm it,s time to take the gloves off.

How can you state that as fact & therefore label him a liar? What evidence have you got to back that up like?

Or is it just your opinion?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wont-splash-cash-sake-it-5730692

1. He has protected the board by saying we have cash....he has like for a loan and no more.
2. He is also protecting himslef by saying that if the results don,t work out then he should,nt have to go out and spend to fix it.

We all know we needed a CM in the middle of park at least....hmmmm it,s time to take the gloves off.

I read this and thought it was strange. If he has money, does he feel we have adequate provision at CM then as we surely need one?

He probably does have money, but not enough to buy who he wants

I read this and thought it was strange. If he has money, does he feel we have adequate provision at CM then as we surely need one?

He probably does have money, but not enough to buy who he wants

He waiting for the team to play a few games, he wants to know if players are ready such as Stones and Barkley, if we get any major injuries to key players, he just playing the waiting game.

Oh you've done it now..... You can't just come on here and speak sense you know.....

#prayforbluestevon

LOL i know mate, tbh its just a little baffling after so many transfer windows under moyes era where we all knew that we needed bodies in to provide either competition or depth to the squad and got no one in, last jan being the clearest example of this, besides cm id say that marty has addressed all the pressing areas we needed that and IF mccarthy was added and no one left id say we had had a bloody good window overall

Why don't you just come right out and show your true colours?

Your only interest in all of this is so that you can say "I told you so" if Martinez fails.

You really want him to fail don't you?

Why don't you just come right out and show your true colours?

Your only interest in all of this is so that you can say "I told you so" if Martinez fails.

You really want him to fail don't you?

Theirs a fair few on here with that mindset mate, dunno if its the cult of moyes or just innate pessimism or worry about change thats got them that way though ;/

Dont see a single problem with the three hes brought in so far from them, a cb on a free who adds cover, a young keeper with prem experience who can finally push howard, and when pushed he plays better (see after mucha played a couple of good games last year for evidence of that with howards form afterwards) and kone whilst not perfect is someone who tore us a new one last year, and 6m for a forward who is nothing these days really.

If he does get McCarthy it all depends on the price like a few here have said before, 8m or lower and its good business over 10m its overpriced. Really dont see the problem that so many have here with him tbh, hes young, got a good engine, good touch and neat on the ball, and in a position we are crying out for having the choice of Gibson, felii and mccarthy fills me with a lot more hope than having the choice of gibson felli and osman/neville/Hitz did last year or Osman/heitenga does this

I don't disagree with the Robles shout. On Kone, he tore Heitinga a new one. Which pretty much everyone who played him did, tbh.

I'm still presuming we won't buy him without selling Fellaini, so if we did and McCarthy was the replacement, we'd be bad pushovers in midfield. Teams could get at us and that would be that. McCarthy really isn't very good anyway, ignoring that. If we got him in addition to keeping Felli and only for £8m, I could tolerate it. But still, there's got to be a million and one better options out there in this position for that price.

If you'd told me back in June that we'd have £15m+ to spend this year (net) and would spend it on the first four and McCarthy, I'd have been severely pissed off. Our dealing has to be better than that to tread water. Look at the business that teams are doing/are looking to do around us. We need better than James McCarthy to keep pace.

Last edited:
Theirs a fair few on here with that mindset mate, dunno if its the cult of moyes or just innate pessimism or worry about change thats got them that way though ;/

In this instance, he just wants him to fail so that he can have another pop at the board.

Now I despise this board as much as any man, but I still want what is best for the club whilst they are in charge.

He waiting for the team to play a few games, he wants to know if players are ready such as Stones and Barkley, if we get any major injuries to key players, he just playing the waiting game.

Yeah probably mate. I just think if he had sufficient money, he would have improved the midfield. The thought of seeing heitinga or osman there makes me feel ill !

RM mentions he is relived Felli now looks safe to stay with the blues - then states he is still happy to add to the squad , but is happy to use stones and Barkley so may be no need to strengthen just yet

No, there is genuine reason and sense behind concerns, which the majority of posters are happy to explain but then is read by many as "Blah, blah, blah, I hate Martinez, we're getting relegated, blah, I support Moyes, not everton blah blah".

And then you get posts like the above. It's mind numbingly ignorant and it's tedious in the extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back