Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Priorities for me this window is to get Heitinga out the club and find an adventurous CM if there's decent money available. If not give some young players a chance.

McCarthy is quite similar to Gibson but not as good and we don't need two of those types in the first 11 and we don't need 8-10m pound subs either.

This!

I'd be gutted if we had money to spend and blew double figures million on McCarthy. Imagine Everton spending the best part of £20m on relegated Wigan players. Good cases could be made for the other three, but this would be way too far, imo. We could get considerably better players for much less. I don't really believe he'll do it if I'm being honest, but still, "global market" ffs. Why say that and then buy half of Wigan's squad? Let's hope he's got better targets in mind.

He's a bit like Rodwell - all hype and youthful potential, but very little substance there. People fool themselves and see what they want to see. I remember when Rodwell had a couple of games for England, abd people on here were saying he'd played 'brilliantly'. He had actually been very average.

like Baines yesterday but that is partly due to no-one giving him the ball and when he is making his runs, they slow it down

Priorities for me this window is to get Heitinga out the club and find an adventurous CM if there's decent money available. If not give some young players a chance.

McCarthy is quite similar to Gibson but not as good and we don't need two of those types in the first 11 and we don't need 8-10m pound subs either.

If we don't shunt Heitinga out in this window he'll walk for free next year. It's important we get a fee for him. Seems like we're keen on Alderweireld to replace him but, while he looks a good defender, the group of Jags, Distin, Stones, Alcaraz and Duffy suggest we wouldn't be in urgent need of another CB. In an ideal world, of course, a defender with good distribution would be a bonus.

I don't agree Gibson's any better than McCarthy, rather that they're pretty much on a level. But I do agree that he'd basically offer the same qualities, albeit with a better fitness record. As you say, having them both in the same starting eleven might not work, and we don't have the luxury of spending a big (for us) fee on a role that's adequately filled.

From the little I'd seen of Fer I always thought he was the kind of strong, mobile box-to-box midfielder we'd need. Especially if Fellaini goes.

I think Heitinga will stay

I was talking about this with my mate yesterday.

I think he is happy to stay because 1 - he is on a fat contract unlielly to be bettered elsewhere and 2 - Martinez will use him more to his strentghs.

Should we get a decent bid for him we would probably accept it but that doesn't look like happening does it?

He's a bit like Rodwell - all hype and youthful potential, but very little substance there. People fool themselves and see what they want to see. I remember when Rodwell had a couple of games for England, abd people on here were saying he'd played 'brilliantly'. He had actually been very average.

I was so happy a year ago when we flogged him. Never has there been a player as over hyped as Jack Rodwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back