Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't actually referencing any of your posts which for the majority fall into the pretty interesting although often contrary to my own thoughts, im referring to a certain element who undeniably post anti martinez or pro moyes posts usually with a sub text of doom and gloom. Fair play if you want to start throwing insults out at me though its your viewpoint

I didn't say they were directed at me. I don't care who they were directed at, but let's have it right. No one wants Martinez to fail, there is no Moyes cult, no one thinks we're getting relegated and no one has a problem with innate pessimism. If you read the posts, they're often very reasonable posts backed up with genuine facts, whether they're right or you agree with them or not.

I didn't say they were directed at me. I don't care who they were directed at, but let's have it right. No one wants Martinez to fail, there is no Moyes cult, no one thinks we're getting relegated and no one has a problem with innate pessimism. If you read the posts, they're often very reasonable posts backed up with genuine facts, whether they're right or you agree with them or not.

I'd dispute that. There are some die-hard Moyes apostles out there who haven't taken too kindly to anyone replacing him...despite the fact he engineered a move that dealt us a financial blow. Very strange people. And yes, I do think there's some of that number who would take a quiet satisfaction in Everton being beaten in Moyes absence just to 'prove' how 'good' he was.

So your saying their is not a section of our fans who by and large have never known anything but Moyes at us who don't put him up on a pedestal, and their isn't a large section of Evertonians who aren't innately pessimistic? Call it garbage all you want mate, if you truly believe their isn't then i don't know how you've missed the many many posts reflecting this on here

You're grouping a lot of different people's opinions into a single stereotype mate. Or a "cult" in your own words. Evertonians aren't innately pessimistic. That's a myth. It's not innate. It's Bill Kenwright's doing and it's perfectly reasonable. I doubt Evertonians were called pessimistic back when we were boss were they?

HE said he has cash

I say he has cash but only for a loan deal nothing more.....the fans think in most cases that he can make a perm deal happen becuase he has the cash......well unless clubs start accepting everton players instead of money down then we will struggle unless we unloadd more players of the books via PERM OUT,S or Loan OUTS-> the fees have to be large enough to oil our wheels.

Yeah I'd figured that much out mate, my question was why are you in essence calling him a liar? What have you got to back up your view that the best he can muster is a loan?

I'd dispute that. There are some die-hard Moyes apostles out there who haven't taken too kindly to anyone replacing him...despite the fact he engineered a move that dealt us a financial blow. Very strange people. And yes, I do think there's some of that number who would take a quiet satisfaction in Everton being beaten in Moyes absence just to 'prove' how 'good' he was.

"Haven't taken to kindly..." Well sure, if you thought he was doing a good job, you're not going to want him to leave, are you?

I think that bolded bit's in your head tbh Dave. Moyes did do a good job anyway. Martinez will need to do a "good" job to keep us in the top 6 and will be praised accordingly if he does. If we're still in the top 6 in a couple of years time, I'll have been wrong about him. And if people think that Moyes leaving was bad in results terms and are later proved to be correct, then they're correct, which is fair enough and vice versa. This "cult" thing seems to be some sort of preemptive defence mechanism against other people being "right" in the future, which seems daft.

Last edited:

This is becoming a joke this there's never any money ever at Everton. How long can we carry this on? This is my point if we were to go down we would never come back, why can't people see kenwright is a disgrace and the board? Other clubs act or make them selves heard. We just clap our chairman.... All the way to the championship eventually

You're grouping a lot of different people's opinions into a single stereotype mate. Or a "cult" in your own words. Evertonians aren't innately pessimistic. That's a myth. It's not innate. It's Bill Kenwright's doing and it's perfectly reasonable. I doubt Evertonians were called pessimistic back when we were boss were they?

Mate im not grouping all people who express concerns about martinez into a cult, im saying their is a element who do as Dave said hope martinez fails so to prove their right about thinking Moyes was the best thing since sliced bread.

And the everton pessimism thing i agree wasn't their during the 80's and earlier, but regardless of the reasons it is their now, bolstered by Kenwright and Moyes with the small club punching above its weight agenda as you rightly said, but fair does innately wasn't the proper word.

This is becoming a joke this there's never any money ever at Everton. How long can we carry this on? This is my point if we were to go down we would never come back, why can't people see kenwright is a disgrace and the board? Other clubs act or make them selves heard. We just clap our chairman.... All the way to the championship eventually

Really? No offence mate, but do you really think we will get relegated?

Mate im not grouping all people who express concerns about martinez into a cult, im saying their is a element who do as Dave said hope martinez fails so to prove their right about thinking Moyes was the best thing since sliced bread.

And the everton pessimism thing i agree wasn't their during the 80's and earlier, but regardless of the reasons it is their now, bolstered by Kenwright and Moyes with the small club punching above its weight agenda as you rightly said, but fair does innately wasn't the proper word.

Fair enough like.

I did think Moyes really was boss and predict (albeit prematurely) we'll go downhill under Martinez, I'm not ashamed to say it as it's a fair opinion. If that means I'm in a Moyes cult then fair do's, that's the internet for you.

Complete shambles to come through this transfer window and not have improved the starting XI in any way whatsoever.

So disappointing so far.

I'd understand if we had won the league at a canter last season, but to see virtually every single side improve their first XIs this summer and have us just add to the squad almost is admitting defeat imo. 8th or 9th for us this season I think.

Last years champions have yet too, Chelsea haven' done too much to shout about, Arsenal have done nothing bar one free transfer and it could be argued Spurs will be weaker if they lose Bale, which leaves only City from the teams above us that have done serious business of note.

Don't know much about the players the rs have added to their squad but cant say i'm overly concerned, there are teams like Swansea and Southampton who have brought players in but we finished well clear of those last season.

Not going to go into panic mode just yet because of what other sides are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back