Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worrying that Martinez has said if we bring no one in, he'll still be happy.

We genuinely need a CM.

This, injury concerns over Gibson will continue throughout the season, Osman and Felli's pre-season form better not carry on into the beginning of the season, imo Ross would be more comfortable higher up the pitch off the front man.

Imagine the position we'd find ourselves in if we sold Felli on deadline day like we done with Mikel.

An offer from Everton??

confused_zps06cba800.gif

This, injury concerns over Gibson will continue throughout the season, Osman and Felli's pre-season form better not carry on into the beginning of the season, imo Ross would be more comfortable higher up the pitch off the front man.

Imagine the position we'd find ourselves in if we sold Felli on deadline day like we done with Mikel.

Not worried about Felli, if he stays, but we need an anchoring type/ a proper defensive mid. Osman is painfully weak and is a liability in CM -- he is passed by too easily and too frequently. As a CAM, it's a different story, but we've got plenty of options there.

Barkley as you say, isn't a real CM option. CAM is where we can hopefully see him.

"Haven't taken to kindly..." Well sure, if you thought he was doing a good job, you're not going to want him to leave, are you?

I think that bolded bit's in your head tbh Dave. Moyes did do a good job anyway. Martinez will need to do a "good" job to keep us in the top 6 and will be praised accordingly if he does. If we're still in the top 6 in a couple of years time, I'll have been wrong about him. And if people think that Moyes leaving was bad in results terms and are later proved to be correct, then they're correct, which is fair enough and vice versa. This "cult" thing seems to be some sort of preemptive defence mechanism against other people being "right" in the future, which seems daft.
Well, there are devotees who appear to identify more with the new Man Utd manager than with Everton, atm at least. I think some of them get confused in that they see criticism of Moyes as in some way, shape or form a denial of the hand that Kenwright played in restricting his efforts, so they then point to his successor and have an attitude of 'well, let's see how someone else carries that burden...and when he fails it'll show just what a good job Moyes did'. But they're cutting off their nose to spite their face. It serves no one any good to constantly doubt and/or criticise a man brought in to continue the salvage job. It's wishful thinking to prove a point when really what we need is 100% backing for Martinez and to give him plenty of room (in terms of time) to operate. So when you or others say: 'it's legitimate to have concerns, we're not anti-Martinez' you actively - in some small way - contribute to an air of impending crisis that works against the man and, therefore, the club itself. Besides, concerns, worries, reservations about a man who hasn't managed a single competitive Everton game is ludicrous in any case.

ffs bobby, heres his chance.
3mil plus heitinga for him.

Not as easy as that mate, Ajax won't be able to get close to what we are paying Johnny at the moment.

Not worried about Felli, if he stays, but we need an anchoring type/ a proper defensive mid. Osman is painfully weak and is a liability in CM -- he is passed by too easily and too frequently. As a CAM, it's a different story, but we've got plenty of options there.

Barkley as you say, isn't a real CM option. CAM is where we can hopefully see him.

Hopefully Roberto is aware of these issues, and does something before the window shuts, or is at least given the chance to i.e. funds.

Don't think any of the players brought in can be classed as "inproving the first eleven". Expect the side on Saturday not to have any of the 4 signed in the starting line up.

While accusing supporters of wanting Martinez and the team to fail and only wanting to come on the internet and say "I told you so" is exactly what I'm talking about, I don't know a lot about D410's stance on Martinez, so not entirely.

Phrases like " Moyes cult" and "innate pessimism" when speaking about reasonable opinions are more examples of the kind of utter garbage that cause sound discussions to break down.

A lot of fans have climbed into the arse of Moyes and Martinez so refuse to see anything else when they play each other off on certain topics.

It a waste of time really and one which is not for me.

Just because Heitinga wants to go back to Ajax doesn't mean they want him. He's hardly a Wayne Rooney type. They could have three CB's coming through that they rate as better or better value as we speak.

Yeah I'd figured that much out mate, my question was why are you in essence calling him a liar? What have you got to back up your view that the best he can muster is a loan?

Have I? I said he has issued statements to protect both his and the boards intrest in the event that he can,t add to the key resources he needs or that IF the results go against him then he is justified in not addressing it in the transfer mkt.

A lot of fans have climbed into the arse of Moyes and Martinez so refuse to see anything else when they play each other off on certain topics.

It a waste of time really and one which is not for me.

and a lot of 'fans' have climbed on the back of Martinez before we've even kicked the season off and with no basis whatsoever in anything hes done thus far.

Southampton splashing the cash again apparently - 18mill EUROS for Pablo Osvaldo. Seem to remember we were tenuously linked to him a few summers back.

Decent player the few times ive watched him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back