Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete shambles to come through this transfer window and not have improved the starting XI in any way whatsoever.

So disappointing so far.

I'd understand if we had won the league at a canter last season, but to see virtually every single side improve their first XIs this summer and have us just add to the squad almost is admitting defeat imo. 8th or 9th for us this season I think.

We've signed a guy who scored two less goals in the previous season than both of our strikers combined, explain how that's not improving the first XI please.

We've signed a guy who scored two less goals in the previous season than both of our strikers combined, explain how that's not improving the first XI please.

Because some may think Kone is not better than Jelavic and Anichebe. If he has played in the PL for 3 years and scores 12 goals in a row each season perhaps yes, he improves our starting 11. I think Kone is a squad player who adds depth to the squad, that's it.

looking at pre season Jeli lookes like the man with the shirt and unless he accommodates Kone on the right and moves Mirallas inside we won't have improved the starting eleven.

Because some may think Kone is not better than Jelavic and Anichebe. If he has played in the PL for 3 years and scores 12 goals in a row each season perhaps yes, he improves our starting 11. I think Kone is a squad player who adds depth to the squad, that's it.

How can anybody not think that based on the available information ?

Anichebe has never scored more than 6 goals in a season and Jelavic was utter gash last year.

Kone scored 13 goals playing for a team who were utter gash, Jelavic scored 7 and actually played more games.

So I did,nt write that "he is a liar"..thanks

lol, you put out a story that said he was misleading the fanbase by saying he had money when in 'fact' he didn't, ergo you were suggesting that he was aligning himself to the board & making what he knew was an untrue statement i.e. lying.

Which was based on nothing factual at all, but (as per) you were prepared to discredit someone in your latest attempt to take a side swipe at the EFC board.

How can anybody not think that based on the available information ?

Anichebe has never scored more than 6 goals in a season and Jelavic was utter gash last year.

We played one forward upfront and a lot of our goals were from midfield. This isn't 1 plus 1 equals 2. Forwards do more than just scoring goals nowadays. They created chances and got the team into play.

Kone is now in his second PL season, let's see if he suffers the second season symptom like Jelavic.

Until Jelavic get´s dropped, rested or injured. Then Kone comes in and we have improved the starting XI.

I mean if we signed Messi and he did his knee in the first match of the season, would you then say none of our signings had improved the starting XI?

The starting XI is a fluctuating, dynamic thing mate.

We played one forward upfront and a lot of our goals were from midfield. This isn't 1 plus 1 equals 2. Forwards do more than just scoring goals nowadays. They created chances and got the team into play.

Kone is now in his second PL season, let's see if he suffers the second season symptom like Jelavic.

Funny you should say that really, because Kone is far better suited to that than Jelavic ever will be.

Jela has the touch of a rapist and is best used inside the box or not at all. Kone is a much more complete forward, has pace, and can actually shoot from range.

Until Jelavic get´s dropped, rested or injured. Then Kone comes in and we have improved the starting XI.

I mean if we signed Messi and he did his knee in the first match of the season, would you then say none of our signings had improved the starting XI?

The starting XI is a fluctuating, dynamic thing mate.

Spot on.

Funny you should say that really, because Kone is far better suited to that than Jelavic ever will be.

Jela has the touch of a rapist and is best used inside the box or not at all. Kone is a much more complete forward, has pace, and can actually shoot from range.

Spot on.

Indeedy; that is exactly the reason Martinez has signed him. Jelavic is a poacher and Martinez prefers a complete forward.

Which Kone is.

Spot on.

Let's see how well Kone will do.

looking at pre season Jeli lookes like the man with the shirt and unless he accommodates Kone on the right and moves Mirallas inside we won't have improved the starting eleven.

It's about having options. Kone is a craftier player than Jelavic or Anichebe. Since January Jela scored 1 league goal (City) and Vic managed 3 (Newcastle, Villa and QPR). We drew blanks against Swansea, Southampton, United, Arsenal, Sunderland and Liverpool in the earlier part of this year. Kone has notched 5 times in 2013 so far and could have helped us to a share of the points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back