The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree.

Not Wigan, maybe. Bolton. They're a mostly second tier club and he picked up a really strong squad that finished above Barcelona without actually spending much.

Look at the 2004-05 team that knocked us out of the CL. He got riquelme on loan from a club that didn't rate him and senna and forlan for less than three milion between them. Then the year after that picked up pires and nihat on bosmans.

He brought through cazorla, he turned rossi into the hottest striker in europe.

Finishing 2nd in la liga is an achievement for any team not real and barca, it's amazing for a team that would go down within two seasons of him leaving.

Well no he isn't. I'll vault this in 9 months and you can apologise. Ok?

What he did with Villareal and Malage was incredible. Even as Real Manager he managed more than 90 points. It's just the fact Barca had Henry, Messi and Etoo helping them get more.

would anybody be unhappy if we made an attempt to sign essien

I'd love this, it would never happen in a million years though. Tbh, if Felli did go, i'd deffo have a look at Essien and see how much Chelsea would want for him.

I'd be quite happy with Barry, were not in a position to turn someone like this down with our midfield options. He is bloody better than having Osman or Heitinga there at some point this season(as lets face it, its pretty much a fact Gibbo will get injured this season.) He has plenty of experience and knows the league very well, as well as being highly rated by City as he can still get into their team with some of the players they have. Those saying he is sh*te, we simply have no bloody money to go out and buy someone better, so it's this or nothing. Your choice.

Last edited:
I'd love this, it would never happen in a million years though. Tbh, if Felli did go, i'd deffo have a look at Essien and see how much Chelsea would want for him.

I'd be quite happy with Barry, were not in a position to turn someone like this down. He has plenty of experience and knows the league very well, as well as being highly rated by City as he can still get into their team with some of the players they have. Those saying he is sh*te, we simply have no bloody money to go out and buy someone better, so it's this or nothing. Your choice.

We were after essien last year weren't we?

I'd be quite happy with Barry, were not in a position to turn someone like this down. He has plenty of experience and knows the league very well, as well as being highly rated by City as he can still get into their team with some of the players they have. Those saying he is sh*te, we simply have no bloody money to go out and buy someone better, so it's this or nothing. Your choice.

Nothing - keep our power dry and look elsewhere.

Gibson is out injured, right now. Who do we play in midfield? Who do we have on the bench?

We're so short there.

Definitely. We were short there before Gibson's injury and we no longer have Neville or Hitzlesburger either. We need to bring Barry in, and will also have to bring in another CM if Fellaini leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back