The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say Barry on loan would be a bad move, tbh. We need a bit more presence/authority in the middle. Apart from Fellaini, we look a bit gormless at CM at the minute.

Every team needs a Barry type player... not every player has to be a world beater... the team itself has to consist of a mix of certain types of players.... you need your workhorse types who can stick a boot in as much as you need your wingers dancing down the wing like Rudolf Nurayev.... it's all in the game boys

I do yes. It's akin to what Moyes achieved here. The Spanish league bar the big two is very weak and Villareal would get the same number of points, or thereabouts, that Moyes earned with us. Now, Moyes has got the bigger gig but among the general footballing public Pellegrini has far more kudos, without really meriting it. It's a bit of a pseudo thing I think.

His achievements are MASSIVELY overstated. You want to make money this year? Back against City, they will always be overpriced.

betis made us look like mugs and they finished lower in their division than we did in ours

betis made us look like mugs and they finished lower in their division than we did in ours

Not sure I agree with you mate.

Betis played very well indeed, yet we won. Sometimes the better team grinds out a result even when they're not playing very well.

United are or where very good at doing that.

Say no to Barry.

This. He's the antithesis of quick, flowing football.

Diame has a £3.5m release clause. He's only just turned 26 and he worked under Martinez at Wigan. In his last year at the DW he made more tackles than anyone else in the league and he's over 6 ft. I'd definitely sign him up as a ready-made replacement for Felli.

This. He's the antithesis of quick, flowing football.

Diame has a £3.5m release clause. He's only just turned 26 and he worked under Martinez at Wigan. In his last year at the DW he made more tackles than anyone else in the league and he's over 6 ft. I'd definitely sign him up as a ready-made replacement for Felli.

You're right that is a bigger badge of honour than playing for the league champions. Well done.

Only the very best sat on wigan's bench under martinez.

You're right that is a bigger badge of honour than playing for the league champions. Well done.

Only the very best sat on wigan's bench under martinez.

You'd rather have a player who will be 33 before the season is out than one who has just turned 26 and is available cut-price?

Barry on loan with a view to buy for £4m would be a decent bit of business. Not being the best midfielder at City doesn't automatically make him a bad player.

*waits to be vaulted

Edit: just seen his age, I thought he was 29ish

Jib off signing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back