The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be a load of b*llocks but I've just been told Fellani deal should go through by the weekend up to £25m and we are in advanced talks with Barry & Ince.

Also told £8M of the fellani fee to Barclays debt an £2.5m to Liege as part of sell on.

Like I said could be rubbish.

If there is any intention to pay off any debt as well as adding to the squad, Felli cannot go for less than £30m; we would not have enough money left to do anything other than buy his replacement.

Sky confirming we're in for Barry.

I think it's disgraceful that we're replacing Fellaini (presumably) with Barry and/or McCarthy. We all know that scoring goals is our hardest task, yet we're taking goals out of the midfield and replacing them with solid centre mids. If Fellaini is sold and those two are the only replacements brought in, I am very fearful.

Sky confirming we're in for Barry.

I think it's disgraceful that we're replacing Fellaini (presumably) with Barry and/or McCarthy. We all know that scoring goals is our hardest task, yet we're taking goals out of the midfield and replacing them with solid centre mids. If Fellaini is sold and those two are the only replacements brought in, I am very fearful.

We're not though, we're replacing fellani with barkley.

Barry and McCarthy will be replacing Osman and Gibson/Neville/Hitz.

Barry is only a stop gap you would think. We need creativity in my opinion we can't just rely on Barkley. Its just worrying that we've got no money atall Hence the Barry signing and us not spending much.

We need to replace class with class for me.

Ince, Barry, and McCarthy is mediocrity at its best.

Don't forget... We need good players who will develop for resale value under this board.

We've still got that 25M extra tv money to spend.

I doubt it. More likely we have £25 more in the budget to service debt, which means we are not in a position where we have to sell to satisfy the banks/mortgage providers.

That is what RM refers to as being in a strong financial position. The clubs that are spending the extra TV money, like Norwich etc..., are able to do so because they are starting in a different position to us - less debt (or in some cases no debt if bankrolled by a rich owner), lower wage budgets, more modern ground - so hardly any of this new TV money is required for infamous 'operating costs', so they can invest it on the pitch.

It is all relative - most of those clubs would love to have achieved our league finishes the past few seasons and to get there would probably have to have personal investment or acquire debt. There is no doubt though that the Grand Old Lady of Goodison is hugely restrictive in developing any financial model moving forward that will keep us competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back