The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greek fisherman - absoballylutely spot on. I'm pretty confident of keeping both and getting 2 more in. COYB!

Look at Martinezs comments in the Guardian, the devil is in the detail.

A few weeks back we were strong financially, we don't need to sell according to Roberto. Now its upto Kenwright, Martinez is not happy here at all.

Look at Martinezs comments in the Guardian, the devil is in the detail.

A few weeks back we were strong financially, we don't need to sell according to Roberto. Now its upto Kenwright, Martinez is not happy here at all.

I've seen the comments and Martinez has played this to perfection. If any player is sold now the responsibility will sit solely on Kenwright.

Watch the protests start!! No hiding behind Moyes now.

Do people actually listen to what Martinez says? Or do they go by the rumours on twitter and just make things up instead.

He has said from day one, we don't need to sell, nor do we want to. The club to be fair is in a different financial position to what we have been in the past.

He has brought in 4 players already, Barkley and Stones have stepped up and I fully expect him to have no hesitation in using Vellios, Duffy or Gueye if required.

He has also said I still have money to spend!! Just yesterday he said all I'm doing is concentrating on bringing in one or two more. He has repeatedly said that what's imperative is that we finish the window stronger than when we started.

Yes I too have lived through the previous transfer windows but not with Martinez as manager.

Lets get serious, under DM, we would not being seeing Stones and Barkley, would not have signed 4 players thus far, probably already lost either Felli or Baines.. and would be looking to do a loan deal on deadline day. We most certainly would not be enjoying the talents of Deulofeu.

I for one won't be surprised in the slightest when we hold on to both Fellaini and Baines, plus we bring in a few more. A Barry, Marrone, Moses, Ince, McCarthy etc..

I actually think if one player was to go it would be Baines and not Felli. I know most Evertonians want the opposite but if you think about it, Moyes had us playing a very limited style. For yrs you would read "if you can stop Baines, you stop Everton"

Mr Negative refused to ever play with a creative player in midfield (a genuine #10) opting instead to go with Cahill and Fellaini. This had us relying on Baines almost exclusively and hence the fear most have of losing him.

Under Roberto I think Baines is more replaceable than a midfielder who can dominate a game playing either deep or upfront.

Lets stop being so pessimistic and actually consider that this could be our best squad in over a decade.

COYB!

One of the best posts I've ever read on here.
Beats all the baseless negative paranoid whining that most seem obsessed with.

I'd rather see John Lundstram in our midfield than Gareth Barry. Barry is über-gash.

Ok let's see here, you'd rather we play an untried and untested rookie as opposed to an experienced footballer who may not be the best midfielder in the country but who would at least be an upgrade on Osman. Hmmm.

Do people actually listen to what Martinez says? Or do they go by the rumours on twitter and just make things up instead.

He has said from day one, we don't need to sell, nor do we want to. The club to be fair is in a different financial position to what we have been in the past.

He has brought in 4 players already, Barkley and Stones have stepped up and I fully expect him to have no hesitation in using Vellios, Duffy or Gueye if required.

He has also said I still have money to spend!! Just yesterday he said all I'm doing is concentrating on bringing in one or two more. He has repeatedly said that what's imperative is that we finish the window stronger than when we started.

Yes I too have lived through the previous transfer windows but not with Martinez as manager.

Lets get serious, under DM, we would not being seeing Stones and Barkley, would not have signed 4 players thus far, probably already lost either Felli or Baines.. and would be looking to do a loan deal on deadline day. We most certainly would not be enjoying the talents of Deulofeu.

I for one won't be surprised in the slightest when we hold on to both Fellaini and Baines, plus we bring in a few more. A Barry, Marrone, Moses, Ince, McCarthy etc..

I actually think if one player was to go it would be Baines and not Felli. I know most Evertonians want the opposite but if you think about it, Moyes had us playing a very limited style. For yrs you would read "if you can stop Baines, you stop Everton"

Mr Negative refused to ever play with a creative player in midfield (a genuine #10) opting instead to go with Cahill and Fellaini. This had us relying on Baines almost exclusively and hence the fear most have of losing him.

Under Roberto I think Baines is more replaceable than a midfielder who can dominate a game playing either deep or upfront.

Lets stop being so pessimistic and actually consider that this could be our best squad in over a decade.

COYB!

What am I to do with this bleach, then? Old habits are so hard to break.

Sensible post, this.

Think Martinez sounds like a man who knows 2 of his star players are most likely to be departing. Sounds like he's just thought "**** it"...You and moyes are obviously such great pals, sort it between you!

Think Martinez sounds like a man who knows 2 of his star players are most likely to be departing. Sounds like he's just thought "**** it"...You and moyes are obviously such great pals, sort it between you!

If they are leaving then Kenwright & Co. are to blame. Why they have to be sold at this stage? Keep them FFS Kenwright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back